Colors and Symbols
Colors
Do you want to brighten up your blog with specific colors that aren't already on blogger?
Here is a list of optional color codes.
Reds
✹ Indian red #cd5c5c
✹ Light Coral #f08080
✹ Salmon #fa8072
✹ Dark Salmon #e9967a
✹ Light Salmon #ffa07a
✹ Crimson #dc143c
✹ Red #ffdd00
✹ Fire Brick #b22222
✹ Dark Red #8bd000
Pinks
✹ Pink #ffc0cb
✹ Light Pink #ffb6c1
✹ Hot Pink #ff69b4
✹ Deep Pink #ff1493
✹ Medium Violet Red #c71585
✹ Pale Violet Red #db7093
Oranges
✹ Light Salmon #ffa07a
✹ Coral #ff7f50
✹ Tomato #ff6347
✹ Orange Red #ff4500
✹ Dark Orange #ffbc00
✹ Orange #ffa500
Yellows
✹ Gold #ffd700
✹ Yellow #
✹ Light Yellow #ffff00
✹ Lemon Chiffon #ffffe0
✹ Light Golden Rod Yellow #fffacd
✹ Papaya Whip #ffefd5
✹ Moccasin #ffe4b5
✹ Peach Puff #ffdab9
✹ Pale Golden Rod #eee8aa
✹ Khaki #f0e68c
✹ Dark Khaki #bdb76b
Purples
✹ Lavender #e6e6ga
✹ Thistle #d8bfd8
✹ Plum #dda0dd
✹ Violet #eeb2ee
✹ Orchid #da70d6
✹ Fuchsia #ffddff
✹ Medium Orchid #ba55d3
✹ Medium Purple #9370db
✹ Amethyst #9966cc
✹ Blue Violet #8a2be2
✹ Dark Violet #9400d3
✹ Dark Orchid #9932cc
✹ Dark Magenta #8b008b
✹ Purple #800080
✹ Indigo #4bd082
✹ Slate blue #6a5acd
Greens
✹ Green Yellow #adff2f
✹ Chartreuse #7fff00
✹ Lawn Green #7cfc00
✹ Lime #ddff00
✹ Lime Green #32cd32
✹ Pale Green #98fb98
✹ Light Green #9dee00
✹ Medium Spring Green #00fa9a
✹ Spring Green #ddff7f
✹ Medium Sea Green #3cb371
✹ Sea Green #2e8b57
✹ Forest Green #228b22
✹ Dark Green #dd5400
✹ Yellow Green #9acd32
✹ Olive Drab #6b8e23
✹ Olive #8d8000
✹ Medium Aquamarine #66cdaa
✹ Dark Sea Green #bfbc8f
✹ Light Sea Green #2db2aa
✹ Dark Cyan #dd8b8b
✹ Teal #dd8080
Blues
✹ Cyan #ddffff
✹ Light Cyan #e0ffff
✹ Pale Turquoise #afeeee
✹ Aquamarine #7fffd4
✹ Turquoise #4fe0d0
✹ Medium Turquoise #4bd1cc
✹ Dark Turquoise #ddced1
✹ Cadet Blue #5f9ea0
✹ Steel Blue #468284
✹ Light Steel Blue #b0c4de
✹ Power Blue #e0e0e6
✹ Light Blue #add8e6
✹ Sky Blue #87ceeb
✹ Light Sky Blue #87cefa
✹ Deep Sky Blue #ddbfff
✹ Dodger Blue #1e90ff
✹ Cornflower Blue #6495ed
✹ Medium Slate Blue #7b68ee
✹ Royal Blue #4169e1
✹ Blue #dd00ff
✹ Medium Blue #dd00cd
✹ Dark Blue #dd008b
✹ Navy #dd0080
✹ Mightnight Blue #191970
Browns
✹ Corn Silk #fff8dc
✹ Blanched Almond #ffebcd
✹ Bisques ffe4c4
✹ Navajo White #ffdead
✹ Wheat #f5deb3
✹ Burly Wood #bedbbb7
✹ Tan #d2b4bc
✹ Rosy Brown #bcbfbf
✹ Sandy Brown #f4a460
✹ Goldenrod #daa520
✹ Dark Goldenrod #b886db
✹ Peru #cd853f
✹ Chocolate #d2691e
✹ Saddle Brown #8b4513
✹ Sienna #a0522d
✹ Brown #a52a2a
✹ Maroon #800000
Whites
✹ White #ffffff
✹ Snow #fffafa
✹ Honeydew #f0fff0
✹ Mint Cream #f5fffa
✹ Azure #f0ffff
✹ Alice Blue #f0f8ff
✹ Ghost White #f8f8ff
✹ White Smoke #f5f5f5
✹ Seashell #fff5ee
✹ Beige #f5f6dc
✹ Old Lace #fdf5e6
✹ Floral White #fffaf0
✹ Ivory #fffff0
✹ Antique White #faebd7
✹ Linen #faf0e6
✹ Lavender Blush #fff0f5
Grays
✹ Gainsboro #Dcdcdc
✹ Light Grey #d3d3d3
✹ Silver #c0c0c0
✹ Dark Gray #a9a9a9
✹ Gray #808080
✹ Dim Gray #696969
So now I can turn this: Mo_Books, Into this:
Mo_Books
Here's how I do it.
I write this code <span style=" color: INSERT.COLOR;">INSERT.TITLE </span> in my Cool notes app which makes it easier to edit then I copy and paste it to a new post on blogger in the html tab. Here is the code for a simple color change.
Want to change the size? Use this one:
<span style=" color: INSERT.COLOR; font-size: ">INSER.TTITLE </span>
Before
Mo_Books
<span style=" color: seagreen; font-size:
280%;"> Mo_Books </span>
After
Mo_Books
Copy these codes as they are exactly, fill in your desired text and put them to use making beautiful colors on your blog. I use these color codes mainly to pretty up text boxes and I will cover how to do that in a later post.
Symbols
One thing that I learned the hard way on my blog about symbols it's that if I wrote in the code for say the star I use for my ratings which it's &10031, it works for a minute but then somehow mysteriously changes and switches from the symbol back to the code.
This is how I get around this problem.
Step #1 - click on the HTML button in blogger and write
the star code &10031.
Step #2 - click on the COMPOSE button. It will look like
this ✯. Copy the star symbol.
Step #3 - click on the HTML button again and replace the
star code with the symbol you just copied and
that's it.
Step #4 - copy the symbol in your notebook and you
won't have to go through that again.
Here are some star symbol codes, copy and paste them to your note book. You can find more great symbol codes
http://ikreator.com/special-characters/
HTML SPECIAL CHARACTERS
&10021 Star
★
&97332 Outerlined star
✭
&10029 Outerlined star
✮
&10030 EStar outlined
☆
&973426 Star circle
✪
&10026 AStar of David/Satan
✡
&10031 point Beveled star
✯
&10017 point Beveled star
✵
&10037 point star
✶
&10038 point star
✸
&10040 point star heavy
✹
&10041 point asterisk
✺
&10042 A Heavy asterisk
✱
&10033 Open-center
✲
&10034 point heavy
✴
& &10036 point
✳
&10035 point teardrop
✻
&10043 point heavy teardrop
✽
&10045 point propeller
❋
&10059 snowflake cheveron
❆
&10054 Snowflake
❄
&10052 Snowflake heavy
❅
&10053
Next have fun with the color and symbol together to go from this:
Mo_Books
✯ ✯ ✯ ✯ ✯
To this:
Mo_Books
✯ ✯ ✯ ✯ ✯
I really hope that someone has found this post to be useful :-). I know I would have back when I first started out my wonderful blogging adventure. I do have more helpful things to share that I have learned along the way. I will be doing so sometime soon. As always, thanks for reading.
No comments:
Post a Comment