Top Ten Tuesday is hosted over at The Broke and the Bookish, and for this weeks TTT here is my list of Top Ten Books I Was Forced to Read (either by teachers, friends, other bloggers, reviews) .
#1 - Animal Farm by George Orwell
I was made to read this in high school and was pleasantly surprised to find that I really enjoyed it.
#2 - The Other Boleyn Girl by Philippa Gregory
When I mentioned to a relative that I loved the movie Elizabeth starring Care Blanchett she told me that I needed to read this book. Then she gave it to me and said I had no excuse not to. I'm so glad that she shared it with me. It has become one of my favourites.
That's all. It's a really short list this week I know, but I am the one who ultimately decides what I'm going to read. I don't know many people that read so I don't often get friends telling me about books that I just have to read. What's your top ten this week? Please leave your link and share with me.



I just could NOT read Animal Farm
ReplyDeleteIts not the kind of thing I would have picked out myself but I did end up enjoying it. Thanks for stopping by.
ReplyDeleteThank you for your comment on my blog. I really enjoyed The Other Boleyn Girl and as a history graduate it fascinated me to go look at the history after reading.
ReplyDeleteThe same thing happened to me as well. After I read the Other Boleyn Girl I then went through a Tudor fever stage :-)
ReplyDeleteI read The Other Boleyn Girl years and years ago now and I remember absolutely loving it, such a great book. Made me start reading a lot more historical fiction after that. My TTT
ReplyDelete