-->

Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday, #20 - Alienated by Melissa Landers




  Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by  Breaking the Spine showcasing upcoming books that we are waiting, often impatiently, to be released.

My WoW pick this week is....





Alienated ( Alienated #1 ) by Melissa Landers
Expected Release date - February 4th 2014
Published by Disney Hyperion
Hardcover, 352 pages
Add it to Goodreads


Description (from Goodreads)

Two years ago, the aliens made contact. Now Cara Sweeney is going to be sharing a bathroom with one of them.

Handpicked to host the first-ever L’eihr exchange student, Cara thinks her future is set. Not only does she get a free ride to her dream college, she’ll have inside information about the mysterious L’eihrs that every journalist would kill for. Cara’s blog following is about to skyrocket.

Still, Cara isn’t sure what to think when she meets Aelyx. Humans and L’eihrs have nearly identical DNA, but cold, infuriatingly brilliant Aelyx couldn’t seem more alien. She’s certain about one thing, though: no human boy is this good-looking.

But when Cara's classmates get swept up by anti-L'eihr paranoia, Midtown High School suddenly isn't safe anymore. Threatening notes appear in Cara's locker, and a police officer has to escort her and Aelyx to class.

Cara finds support in the last person she expected. She realizes that Aelyx isn’t just her only friend; she's fallen hard for him. But Aelyx has been hiding the truth about the purpose of his exchange, and its potentially deadly consequences. Soon Cara will be in for the fight of her life—not just for herself and the boy she loves, but for the future of her planet.



Why I want to read it

 First off this cover basically screamed at me to look at it, its gorgeous! and incredible intriguing. After I checked out the synopsis I decided it was something I just have to read.

 What books are you waiting on? If you have a WoW pick of your own please share the link.




16 comments:

  1. I love this cover too! <3 I got accepted for this from NetGalley a week ago and I cannot wait to devour it. Great pick!

    Chel @ The Procrastinator's Corner

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm am so jealous Chel! I hope that you love it :-)

      Delete
  2. Great pick, Monique. I hope you'll love it.

    Glass @ Way Too Hot Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too Glass :-) thanks so ,much for stopping by

      Delete
  3. Oh, great pick! This book sounds fascinating! I can't wait to check it out. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just wish I didn't have to wait until February to read it :s
      Thanks for leaving a comment :-)

      Delete
  4. Great pick. I adore the cover :)

    Happy Wednesday!

    http://www.itchingforbooks.com/2013/10/waiting-on-wednesday-67-since-youve.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. The cover was the first thing that grabbed my attention. I think its stunning. Thanks so much for stopping by Shane.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahh, this is already on my list, February seems too far away! Great pick! :)


    Heres mine

    Kirsty @ StudioReads

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean Kirsty but I'm sure we will find something to read in the meantime ;) thank for visiting :-)

      Delete
  7. I just found out about it last week and thought it sounded great. Thanks for leaving a comment Andy :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That cover is gorgeous!

    Thanks for stopping by the site!

    Adriana @ Polished Readers

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sometimes I just really want to read books based on the cover alone, and this is one of them!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Can't stop staring at that cover. So gorgeous:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I borrowed an ARC of this from a friend! Will not disappoint!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so jealous Em! And I'm so glad you liked it :-)

      Delete