-->

Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday, #16 - Best/Worst Series Enders





 Top Ten Tuesday is hosted over at  The Broke and the Bookish, and for this weeks TTT here is my list of Best/Worst Series Enders .

Best


#1 - Flowers in the Attic by V. C. Andrews

Even though the end of this series was a little sad. After reading about Cathy's long journey I thought it was very fitting.




#2 - Clockwork Princess by Cassandra Clare

The thing I cared about most in this series was the unique love triangle. Even thought so,me one has to be left out Cassandra Clare found a way to make this story perfect. I wouldn't change a thing.


#3 - Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J. K. Rowling

Everything about this book was awesome! I laughed. I cried. I was mesmerized and I was shocked. Just thinking about it makes me want to read the series all over again (for the 4th time).


#4 - The Iron Knight by Julie Kagawa

This was actually my favorite book in the series and I loved that it was written in Ash's POV.




#5 - Shades of Earth by Beth Revis

 I was so happy with the ending of this book and was left absolutely wanting more of Elder and Amy.





Worst


#6 - Finale by Becca Fitzpatrick



 This book did not hold the magic that I felt at the beginning for Patch and Nora's story. I just didn't see that awesome character Patch was in Hush Hush and I found the story to drag.


#7 - Requiem by Lauren Oliver

I was really disappointed with the ending to this terrific series. I felt like I never got any real closure to the story and I was left with a few questions that remained unanswered.


 

#8 - Specials by Scott Westerfeld

I loved reading this series but was disappointed with the ending. I just didn't like the way things ended.









18 comments:

  1. Thanks Patty, I really need an editor sometimes for my overactive spellcheck lol. Book characters have such interesting names now! Thanks for visiting Patty :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVED Shades of Earth! That whole series was just so amazing.

    TTT @ Krista's Dust Jacket

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too Krista. I wish one day Beth will write about what happened after Shades of Earth. Maybe something about the next generation. Aw a girl can dream right :-) .

      Delete
  3. WOW was I the only person that thought the last Harry Potter book sucked? Nice list
    here is my ttt
    http://hauntedgravebooks.blogspot.com/2013/10/top-ten-best-and-worst-series-endings.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can totally see some people not digging the main characters dying but I see it as war is war and just because someone's the favourite doesn't mean that their going to live. Thanks for sharing your thoughts and for stopping by.

      Delete
  4. I'm seeing Requiem on so many lists o.O Makes me even more reluctant to start the series...
    I still haven't read Finale because I'm afraid of pretty much what you described. I really liked Hush Hush, didn't care for Crescendo, thought Silence was somewhat better, and was hoping it was end with a bang. I will pick up Finale at some point, but it can wait.
    I also loved the Ash POV in Iron Knight :) And I agree, the love triangle in The Infernal Devices just works! I feel a bit torn about the epilogue though, it was so neat. But the characters deserved their ending.

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just because I didn't like the ending of Requiem doesn't mean I didn't still enjoy it. I just wish it ended a bit more cleanly. Thanks so much for stopping by Carmen :-)

      Delete
  5. I've seen Specials on a few lists now...makes me hesitant to read that series. The problem with Requiem is Delirium started out so strong and each book after just got weaker :(
    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved the Uglies and I guess I just say a different outcome for the series then what actually happened. Thanks for your comment Em :D

      Delete
  6. I haven't read Lauren Oliver's series and I don't think that I will. I don't think I have seen Requiem on a single 'best' list.

    Great list!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did actually see it on a couple Sara. I think it all depends on how finale you like your ending to be. I thought the book should have been a few chapters longer.

      Delete
  7. I desperately need to read SHADES OF EARTH. I've had it way too long without reading.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Best book in the series Becky, you'll love it.

      Delete
  8. Clockwork Princess, The Iron Knight, Harry Potter and Requiem made my list too.
    Thanks for stopping by My Top 10 Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  9. I didn't mind Specials so much...but I never had a burning desire to read Extras - that random companion/spin off story that come afterwards. I also really need to find time to read Shades of Earth and see how Revis wrapped everything up.


    My TTT is here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just like a said to Becky above you'll love it. I thought it was a great way to end the series.

      Delete
  10. I need to read the ending of Across the Universe, is quite sad that I had this book since it came out and I haven't finished the series :( We do have a few in common and I haven't read others yet.

    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for leaving a comment Elizabeth :-)

      Delete