-->

Friday, February 28, 2014

Book Blogger Hop - Have you stopped accepting books from either authors or publishers to try to catch up?



Book Blogger Hop

The Book Blogger Hop is hosted by Billy over at Ramblings of a Coffee Addicted Writer. The hop's purpose is to give bloggers a chance to follow other blogs, learn about new books, befriend other bloggers, and receive new followers to your own blog.


Here's what you do

1.) Post on your blog answering this weeks designated question. ( click here for next weeks question )

2.) Enter the link to your post in the Linky list on the Ramblings of a Coffee-Addicted Writer's blog

3.) Visit other blogs on the list and comment on their posts.

4.) Be sure to find out next week's question when you post your link

Question



Have you stopped accepting books from either authors or publishers to try to catch up? If not, do you think you would ever do that?



My Answer


 

  Yes I have declined a couple of books because I felt I wouldn't have enough time to read and post a review for it by the time  expected. I do not like to overwhelm myself in any way. Blogging, reading and reviewing is my hobby because I enjoy it. It's a stress reliever for me and the day that it becomes a stress causer something will need to change.







How would you answer this question? Please feel free to share with me. As always, thanks for reading.


6 comments:

  1. Good answer. I've done the same in order to catch up, but now I seem to have a withdrawal issue with not receiving new books. Go figure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for dropping by and leaving a comment Shane.

      Delete
  2. Good point - if reading were my job, I probably wouldn't enjoy it nearly as much! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. GREAT answer. I agree...when it becomes a "chore/job/stressful" instead of fun, I will stop too.

    It is difficult to turn down books, though. :) I have cut back this past year.

    THANKS for stopping by my blog hop answer earlier.

    Happy Hopping!!

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My Blog Hop Answer

    ReplyDelete
  4. Got to agree too I love blogging x My answer straight away is totally NO. Now if I was reviewing just myself I might have to think otherwise as I am quite a slow reader but luckily hubbie reads and reviews to and he can finish a book in one night if its that good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree, reading should be fun, the moment its not or it causes you stress I don't think it's worth it and especially if it's a hobby. Thanks for hopping by :)

    ReplyDelete