-->

Monday, February 10, 2014

Review - Roar and Liv by Veronica Rossi



Roar and Liv  (Under the Never Sky 0.5)
by Veronica Rossi 
Release date - October 30th 2012
Published by HarperCollins
ebook, 68 pages
Add it to Goodreads


Description (from Goodreads)

Before Perry and Aria, there was Roar and Liv.

After a childhood spent wandering the borderlands, Roar finally feels like he has a home with the Tides. His best friend Perry is like a brother to him, and Perry's sister, Liv, is the love of his life. But Perry and Liv's unpredictable older brother, Vale, is the Blood Lord of the Tides, and he has never looked kindly on Roar and Liv's union. Normally, Roar couldn't care less about Vale's opinion. But with food running low and conditions worsening every day, Vale's leadership is more vital—and more brutal—than ever. Desperate to protect his tribe, Vale makes a decision that will shatter the life Roar knew and change the fate of the Tides forever


Quote



"If I have to lose everything to keep her, I will." - Roar


My Review



  This book may have been entitled Roar and Liv but my main interest in the story was hearing Roar's side. Roar is one of my favourite characters from the Under the Never Sky series and I even though I did want to read of the time Roar spent with Liv I tremendously wanted a glimpse of his more carefree days.

  Roar basically lived and breathed for Liv, his love for her is evident throughout the entire story. The blissful time Roar spent with Liv, Perry and Brooke, hidden away from the eyes of the other members of the Tides were the best times of his life. His best friend was by his side, someone he came to think of like a brother, and the light of his life filled his days. Unfortunately for the pair their happiness came to quick end when Vale, the leader of their clan, announced his intentions for his younger sister.

This novella is packed with emotion! the love, respect and loyalty shared between Roar and his friends, and the gut wrenching heartbreak Roar feels at the end. I loved seeing Roar happy and I really wished that life would have chosen a different path for these two people in love. I could almost feel his heart being torn out of his chest thinking that he would never see Live again. It truly was a sad moment.

  In conclusion I would like to add that I thought this story was pretty good and a nice little extra to go along with the series. If you're a fan of Roar this novella is for you.

I give this a 3 ½ out of 5 stars.
✯ ✯ ✯ ½


1 comment:

  1. Awwww I need to read this one!
    Thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting :-)

    ReplyDelete