The Book Blogger Hop is hosted over at Ramblings of a Coffee Addicted Writer. The hop's purpose is to give bloggers a chance to follow other blogs, learn about new books, befriend other bloggers, and receive new followers to your own blog.
Here's what you do
1.) Post on your blog answering this weeks designated question. ( click here for next weeks question )
2.) Enter the link to your post in the Linky list on the Ramblings of a Coffee-Addicted Writer's blog
3.) Visit other blogs on the list and comment on their posts.
4.) Be sure to find out next week's question when you post your link.
How do you handle unsolicited books that appear in your mailbox? Do you add them to your queue? Do you write to the sender and explain you didn't ask for the book and are not sure when you will be able to read and review the book? Or do you simply not read the book at all?
It depends on a few different things. First, if I'm sent a book that is from a series I will only except it if it's book #1, if I've already read the pervious book(s) or if it can be read as a stand alone. Second, if I like the description of the book and think its something I would enjoy (ie. plot, setting, genre.) And third, it depends on what my schedule is like. I never except something that requires being posted on a specific day if I don't think I will have enough time to handle what's already on my plate. If a book or request is sent to me and doesn't meet any of the requirements explained above I will send a polite email explaining why I won't be reviewing their book.
Whats your answer this week? Please feel free to share with me. As always, thanks for reading.

No comments:
Post a Comment