Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Breaking the Spine showcasing upcoming books that we are waiting, often impatiently, to be released.
My WoW pick this week is....
Guardian (Proxy #2)
by Alex London
Expected Release date - May 29th 2014
Published by Philomel
Kindle Edition, 352 pages
Add it to Goodreads
Description (from Goodreads)
The pulse-pounding sequel to Proxy! Inspired by The Whipping Boy and Feed, this adrenaline-fueled thriller will appeal to fans of The Hunger Games and Divergent. In the new world led by the Rebooters, former Proxy Syd is the figurehead of the Revolution, beloved by some and hated by others. Liam, a seventeen-year-old Rebooter, is Syd’s bodyguard and must protect him with his life. But armed Machinists aren’t the only danger. People are falling ill—their veins show through their skin, they find it hard to speak, and sores erupt all over their bodies. Guardians, the violent enforcers of the old system, are hit first, and the government does nothing to help. The old elites fall next, and in the face of an indifferent government, Syd decides it’s up to him to find a cure . . . and what he discovers leaves him stunned. This heart-stopping thriller is packed with action, adventure, and heroics. Guardian will leave you breathless until the final page. A fast-paced, thrill-ride of novel full of non-stop action, heart-hammering suspense and true friendship—just as moving as it is exhilarating. Fans of Anthony Horowitz's Alex Rider series, James Dashner's Maze Runner, Patrick Ness's Chaos Walking series, and Marie Lu's Legend trilogy will be swept away by this story.
Why I want to read it
I really really want to read this. Proxy, book #1, was fabulous and that ending! well let's just it was insane! I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Liam is actually Knox, it would make things interesting to see a role reversal with his former proxy Syd. May really needs to hurry up and get here.
What books are you waiting on? If you have a WoW pick of your own please share the link.

Nice pick, I have never heard of it, but you had me at Divergent and Hunger Games. I'm definitely adding this to my TBR pile.
ReplyDeleteMy WoW
Glad to help Barbara, thanks for stopping by :-D
DeleteThanks for follow, I followed you back. Happy Wednesday! :)
DeleteUm! WHOA!!! I never heard of this series before but I just looked up Proxy, book 1, and holy BANANAS!! It sounds crazy! I want a proxy. If I get drunk will my proxy be the one to get the hangover?!?! lol J/K I added it to my TBR!! It sounds like one hell of an intense ride! I'm intrigued ;) And as always...Thanks for stopping by Book Hangovers Blabs Books earlier! Always appreciated xoxox ♥
ReplyDeleteIt was a great book Michelle. Your proxy unfortunately wouldn't feel your hangover but instead takes the punishment for any wrong doing you have done. Thanks as always for vising :-D
DeleteGreat pick. I need to read the first book. Thanks for sharing :)
ReplyDeleteHappy Wednesday!
My WoW
I definitely recommend it Shane. Thanks so much for leaving a comment.
DeleteNice pick! I havent heard of this one!
ReplyDeleteCheck out our WOW.
Leydy @OUaT & RCE
Thanks for stopping by my WoW :-D
DeleteGreat pick! I've had Proxy on my shelf for a while now, it sounds like I better get to it! Thank you for sharing!
ReplyDeleteYou should for sure give it a try :-D Thanks for reading!
DeleteThanks for stopping by my WOW earlier! This one sounds good, but I haven't read the first one. I'll have to check that out!
ReplyDeleteSandy @ Somewhere Only We Know
You definitely should, personally I've never read anything quite like it. Thanks for stopping by :-D
DeleteWhy am I seeing this series for the first time! what a blurb <3 my TBR pile is getting so huge! I just keep adding book in it due to WoW.
ReplyDeleteP.S. could you tell me how you changed the description background? I want to learn how to do that too it looks awesome<3 pretty please with 3 sugar cubes and a cherry on top if you don't mind :)
DeleteSends me your email and I will send the info to you :-D
DeleteHere's mine
moniquedannelle(at)gmail(dot)com
Sent. I also think that your smily face is missing an eye *ouch* =D
DeleteAnd I replied. I think my smile ended up being slanted, maybe he had a stroke lol :S
Delete