-->

Saturday, February 22, 2014

Review - The Little Android by Marissa Meyer



The Little Android (Lunar Chronicles, #2.5) by Marissa Meyer
Release date - January 27th 2014
ebook, 35 pages
Read it for free Wattpad
Add it to Goodreads


Description (from Goodreads)

The Little Android is a retelling of The Little Mermaid, set in the world of The Lunar Chronicles by New York Times-bestselling author Marissa Meyer.

When android Mech6.0, saves the life of a handsome hardware engineer, her body is destroyed and her mechanics discover a glitch in her programing. Androids aren’t not meant to develop unpractical reasoning or near-emotional responses…let alone fall in love.




My Review


  However Marissa Meyer managed to capture so many different feelings in such a short story I will never know, she's some kind of master storyteller. This novella is about Mech6.0 and her evolution into more then just a machine with menial tasks. She begins to think something could be wrong with her wiring when she becomes interested in one of the other workers. Soon she develops more that just plain interest when it comes to Dataran and as the story unfolds you get an incredible story about a sweet little android.

  I loved reading short story set in the Lunar Chronicles world, there is even a visit from Cinder so that was a bonus. What can I say about Mech6.0 except that she's pretty awesome. She struggled with the new range of emotions that she now felt for the first time. Understanding the difference between friendship, love and jealously wasn't easy on her. I also enjoyed the fairy tale spin on the Little Mermaid but the ending was oh so very sad.

  In closing I would like to add that if your a fan of the series The Little Android is something you need to read. I'm really Hoping that I will read more about Mech6.0 in the future, I think she would make a spectacular bestie for Iko.

I give this a 4 ½ out of 5 stars.
✯ ✯ ✯ ✯ ½


The YA Book Butterfly

Want a second opinion?

Check out Em from The Book Butterfly's review click here


4 comments:

  1. Hey Monique this is Rimsha from Ramblings of a bookworm great review love the android mermaid concept seems like an exiting read.
    also about the banners I do accept requests and am making Testing's banners right now I'll alert you as soon as they are uploaded feel free to request as many as you like :)
    Rimsha @ Ramblings of a Bookworm

    ReplyDelete