The Last Stand of the New York Institute (The Bane Chronicles #9)
by Cassandra Clare , Sarah Rees Brenan & Maureen Johnson
Release date - December 17th 2013
Published by Margaret K. McElderry Books
ebook, 40 pages
Add it to Goodreads
Description (from Goodreads)
Magnus meets Valentine in battle as the Circle attacks the Downworlders of New York City.
In the time of the Uprising, Valentine’s Circle goes after Downworlders in New York...and the Shadowhunters of the Institute must decide whether to join him, or fight with Magnus and his kind. This is the first time Magnus sees Jocelyn, Luke, and Stephen—but not the last. It is not long before Jocelyn seeks him out...
My Review
I don't normally give novellas a 5 star rating because since the stories are so short I feel that I don't get a full story. The Last Stand of the New York Institute is the exception to this rule of mine. This was a fully rounded edition to the Bane Chronicles and had some of everything except Magnus' usual interest in love of some form.
Magnus' first encounter with Valentine Morgenstern was action packed and emotional and I extremely enjoyed the exchange of words between them. This book for me reinforced just how evil Morgenstern really is. Something else I loved about this story was getting to hear from Tessa again. I liked everything about her right down to her choice in clothing. The extra bonus was the visit from Jocelyn and baby Clary.
In closing I will say that if you're only going to read 1 book from the Bane Chronicles it should definitely be this one. I loved everything about it especially appearances made by previously mentioned characters in the Mortal Instruments series.
I give this a 5 out of 5 stars.
✯ ✯ ✯ ✯ ✯
You may also be interested in these reviews
What Really Happened in Peru | The Runaway Queen
Vampires, Scones and Edmund Herondale | The Midnight Heir | The Rise of Hotel Dumort | Saving Raphael Santiago |
The Fall of Hotel Dumort | What to Buy the Shadowhunter Who Has Everything
by Cassandra Clare, Sara Rees Brennan & Maureen Johnson
What Really Happened in Peru | The Runaway Queen
The Fall of Hotel Dumort | What to Buy the Shadowhunter Who Has Everything

No comments:
Post a Comment