-->

Monday, February 24, 2014

Review - Cress by Marissa Meyer



Cress (Lunar Chronicles #3)
by Marissa Meyer
Expected Release date - February 4th 2014
Published by by Feiwel and Friends
Hardcover, 560 pages
Add it to Goodreads


Description (from Goodreads)

Rapunzel's tower is a satellite. She can't let down her hair - or her guard.

In this third book in the bestselling Lunar Chronicles series, Cinder and Captain Thorne are fugitives on the run, with Scarlet and Wolf in tow. Together, they’re plotting to overthrow Queen Levana and her army.

Their best hope lies with Cress, who has been trapped on a satellite since childhood with only her netscreens as company. All that screen time has made Cress an excellent hacker – unfortunately, she’s just received orders from Levana to track down Cinder and her handsome accomplice.

When a daring rescue goes awry, the group is separated. Cress finally has her freedom, but it comes at a high price. Meanwhile, Queen Levana will let nothing stop her marriage to Emperor Kai. Cress, Scarlet, and Cinder may not have signed up to save the world, but they may be the only ones who can.



Quote


“Your ship has some messed-up priorities, you know that?” 
“Iko. My name is Iko. If you don’t stop calling me the ‘ship,’ I am going to make sure you never have hot water during your showers again, do you understand me?”


My Review


*Spoilers from previous books in the Lunar Chronicles*

  Superb! Fantastic! Phenomenal! I freaking loved this book! Marissa Meyer has written a compelling story with complex plot twists and turns, exceptional characters and an exciting setting. This novel was told from multiple points of view, which I love because you get a much more rounded story and develop a better relationship with the characters.

  This book was clever with a perfect balance of action, mystery, humor and romance with a sci fi, fairytale twist. The mystery of Cinders origin has been a highlight of the series for me. Cinder is pretty darn young but she can definitely hold her own and the revelation of being Princess Selene has only made her stronger and more determined to rid everyone, Earthen and Lunar, of Queen Lavina permanently.

  Everyone gets a little romance in this book which in return gave me some super smiley moments. There was one certain kiss that was the most perfect scene. It's sure to give you goosebumps. I loved the introduction of Cress' character. It was interesting to have a tech savvy but naive addition to their crew. Her enormous crush on Thorne is the sweetest thing and I adore that she calls him Captain. Throne was my favourite! ❤ He is so calm and collected when its needed, he's charismatic, a bit vain and he's hilarious. Other then the one quote I have at the top of the review by Iko, Thorne was the only other character to make me lol...a few times.

  Seriously I could just continue on and on at just how awesome this book was. Read it for yourself and I'm sure you'll agree with me. Cinder, book 1, was really good. Scarlet, book #2, was fantastic. Cress, was epic!. I highly recommend to anyone who enjoys this genre.

I give this a 5 out of 5 stars!
✯ ✯ ✯ ✯ ✯





No comments:

Post a Comment