-->

Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Waiting on Wednesday - Dangerous Creatures by Kami Garcia & Margaret Stohl



Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by  Breaking the Spine showcasing upcoming books that we are waiting, often impatiently, to be released.

My WoW pick this week is....





Dangerous Creatures 
by Kami Garcia & Margaret Stohl 
Expected Release date - May 20th 2014
Published by Little, Brown Books for Young Readers
Hardcover, 368 pages
Add it to Goodreads


Description (from Goodreads)

A new series returns to the world of Beautiful Creatures. Some loves are cursed...others are dangerous.

Ridley Duchannes will be the first to tell you that she's a bad girl. She's Dark. She's a Siren. You can never trust her, or even yourself when she's around. Lucky for her, Wesley "Link" Lincoln can never seem to remember that; quarter Incubus or not, his heart is Mortal when it comes to Ridley. When Link heads to New York City to start a music career, Ridley goes along for the ride-and she has her own reasons. As if leaving small-town Gatlin for the big city, trying to form a band, and surviving life with a partially reformed Siren isn't hard enough already, Link soon learns he has a price on his head that no Caster or Mortal can ever pay.



Why I want to read it

First thing is the cover. I love it! Its so simple yet really catching to the eye, its dark and beautiful. Second, I liked Ridley and Link's characters in Beautiful Creature and would really enjoy reading a story about them. The synopsis sounds quite intriguing and I look forward to getting to know these two better.



What books are you waiting on? If you have a WoW pick of your own please share the link.




18 comments:

  1. Great pick. This series intrigues me :)

    Happy Wednesday!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shane. Happy Wednesday to you :-D

      Delete
  2. This sounds really great! I love a good siren story. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by and following Elizabeth! Happy Wednesday :-D

      Delete
  3. I haven't read Beautiful Creatures yet, but I've always loved the covers. Thanks for stopping by mine! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your Welcome :-) Thanks for the comment.

      Delete
  4. Man! I tried to read The Beautiful Creatures book. I mean I even got the box set for Vday last year. I ended up trading it in for some other books. :(
    I wasn't really into the PNF genre at that time and I guess that's what made me uninterested. I DON'T KNOW!!
    I really glad that you enjoyed the series and hopefully these months will fly by so you can get this book in May! Thank you for stopping by my blog! IT's ALWAYS A PLEASURE MO!!!! xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually only read the first book in the Beautiful Creatures series but I really liked Ridley and Link's characters so I would love to hear their story. Thanks as always for your comment Michelle :-D

      Delete
  5. Thanks for stopping by my WOW.....this one of yours looks awesome! Gonna be adding it to my list!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great pick! I've only read the first in the original series so far. Looks I really need to catch up. Thanks for stopping by our WOW.

    Nat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here but I though maybe I might just jump right into Ridley and Links story instead. Thanks for your comment :-D

      Delete
  7. Thanks for stopping by my blog :) I've been super curious about this book, ever since that movie for the first (?) book came out. Thanks for reminding me to pick up the books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your very welcome Ellie and thank you for stopping by.

      Delete
  8. Great choice :) I've read the first couple in the Beautiful Creatures series... but Link had always been my favorite. I might have to keep this one in mind :) I also love the cover with Ridley's lollipop, haha.

    Thanks for stopping by my WoW!
    Chelsea @ Books Turn Brains

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the first thing I noticed about the cover, Ridley's red lollipop! Loved it!
      Thanks so much for your comment.

      Delete
  9. I'm pretty excited for this one, too! Link and Ridley were my favorite characters from the Caster Chronicles series, but in terms of the covers, this one is kind of bad compared to the Caster Chronicles books. Anyway, great pick!

    Aimee @ Read by the Undead

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that the cover is pretty much following suit with the Caster Chronicles, I like it :-) thank your so much for stopping by and leaving a comment Christie.

      Delete