-->

Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday - Reasons I Love Being A Blogger/Reader.




 Top Ten Tuesday is hosted over at  The Broke and the Bookish, and for this weeks TTT here is my list of Top Ten Reasons I Love Being A Blogger/Reader.


The Books - I love to read! I always have and I always will. The books are the whole reason that I blog so really it only makes since that the reading is my favourite part.

Expressing Myself - Writing and designing posts for my blog allows me to express my creative side. I enjoy doing this very much. I love all of the smaller aspects that goes into blogging besides just the content. I strive to make my post as appealing to the eye as I can.

Discovering New Things - whether it is the books, people or news I love learning about things I wouldn't hear about if it wasn't for the blogosphere.

Being Part of a Community - Every single individual that I have personally interacted with has been so nice. I haven't heard one negative word uttered (or typed) about anything in the year I've been blogging. Being a part of this special group of bloggers has been a fantastic experience.

Meeting New People (all over the world with the same interests as me) - In my neck of the woods I only know one other person that likes to read and its no where's near the amount that I read. Its nice being in contact with people that have the same interests as me and doesn't find it abnormal when I go through fangirl moments.

Being in Contact with Authors - In my short time blogging I have been able to keep in contact with a few authors. I even received a Christmas card from Katie Hamstead, author of the Kiya series. Since authors are my rock stars I definitely cherish these moments.

Blog Tours - choosing books to read for blog tours has introduced me to many new authors. I most likely would have never discovered them if it wasn't for the tours. I'm currently a tour host for IFB Tours, XpressoBookTours and Rockstar Book Tours.

The Writing - Sometimes have to write out reviews can be a pain in the ass. There are times when all I want to do is start a new book but can't do it because I haven't written a review for the last one. But when I do sit down to write its amazing how I can become so mesmerized in what I'm doing. I also find it to be extremely stress relieving, get lost in a stream of words is a sure fire way to forget your troubles for awhile. Even though an editor should really follow me around correcting all of my errors I don't care, I love doing it anyways.

The Learning Experience - Last year if someone would have shown me a bit of html/css code I would have never come even close to understanding what I was looking at. Now however I think I have a somewhat decent grasp on the overall basics of coding, I still learn something new almost everyday.

Cure For Boredom  - I am a stay at home mom of two wonderful young children. They may keep me busy but I do get some down time when my oldest is at school. Blogging is my favourite hobby. Mostly the things I like to do like gardening, swimming and hiking are seasonal but blogging and reading is something I can do all year round.






18 comments:

  1. You're right, reading is the ultimate cure for boredom! Seems like we have a lot of things on our list in common. There are just so many reasons to love being a book blogger! :)

    Amanda @ i solemnly swear

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the book blogging community too. Everyone has been so friendly, and I've got so many book recommendations from the blogosphere!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ive got some great rec's this past year and have found many new awesome authors because of it. Thanks so much for your comment Chrissi!

      Delete
  3. Great list Monique totally agree with all of them specially the last one and second one :)
    Followed you :)
    Rimsha@Ramblings of a Bookworm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting and for following me Rimsha :-D

      Delete
  4. I agree about learning, not just writing, industry and what not but I think I've grown a lot as a person since I started blogging.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I feel more confident and proud of myself then before I started blogging. Thanks so much for stopping by.

      Delete
  5. I also love the learning curve with blogging and html! Great list!
    New follower :)
    ­ MY TTT
    Missie @ A Flurry of Ponderings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Html can be overwhelming at first but its not so back when you figure out the basics. Thank you for following me Missie :-D and for visiting.

      Delete
  6. I agree Doris, its a great topic. Thanks for commenting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes to meeting new people! My husband looks at me funny when I mention discussing something with someone I know from Indonesia or Norway... but I do feel like I've made friends from all over the world via blogging! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My buddy does the same thing, he just doesn't get what its like to be a blogger. Thanks so much for stopping by :-D

      Delete
  8. Yay love all your reasons! I love meeting people all over the world too! It's just so awesome to be interacting with people different countries and continents. Great reasons1 :)

    Followed you on blogger:D

    -Kimi at Geeky Chiquitas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks tons for the follow Kimi :-D I followed you back.

      Delete
  9. We sure do get to meet some awesome people. I think the book/reading/writing community is super accepting and definitely one inspiring crowd. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely! After all I did get to meet you Michelle :-D your so awesome!

      Delete
  10. Oooh! Designing blog posts, that's an interesting one I haven't really seen anyone else put :-) I like to try and make mine look good as well! Your blog looks great, thanks for the follow and I have followed you back!

    Katrina @ http://chasedbymyimagination.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete