The Book Blogger Hop is hosted over at Ramblings of a Coffee Addicted Writer. The hop's purpose is to give bloggers a chance to follow other blogs, learn about new books, befriend other bloggers, and receive new followers to your own blog.
Here's what you do
1.) Post on your blog answering this weeks designated question. ( Click here to find next weeks question )
2.) Enter the link to your post in the Linky list on the Ramblings of a Coffee-Addicted Writer's blog
3.) Visit other blogs on the list and comment on their posts.
4.) Be sure to find out next week's question when you post your link
If you don't like a book that you said you would review, do you graciously turn it down and explain why or do you struggle through it and hopefully come up with a half decent review?
I have read a few books that didn't end up being exactly what I thought they were and I always pushed my way through them hoping they would get better. I hate leaving a book unfinished. It needs to be seriously awful for me to put it down because it drives me crazy not knowing how it ends.
When it comes time to write the review I try to focus on the things that I did like because I realize that the author worked hard on it. I will however give my full and honest opinion on the plot and what I thought of the characters.
Luckily I've never had to review a book that I absolutely detested, I hope I never have to.
When it comes time to write the review I try to focus on the things that I did like because I realize that the author worked hard on it. I will however give my full and honest opinion on the plot and what I thought of the characters.
Luckily I've never had to review a book that I absolutely detested, I hope I never have to.
Whats your answer? Please feel free to share with me. As always, thanks for reading.

I can't continue with a book if it isn't what I thought it would be or if it turns out to be offensive.
ReplyDeleteThe author was fine when I told wrote and understood that his/her book wasn't for everyone. I did feel badly because I thought it was going to be something different. I had to do this a few times.
I try to be sure it is something I like before I say yes, but it always doesn't turn out that way.
My full answer is in the link below.
Happy Hopping!!
Elizabeth
Silver's Reviews
My Blog Hop Answer
You always leave such great comments Elizabeth! Thanks so much for stopping by and sharing with me :D
DeleteNice answer! I do agree that it's pretty frustrating not to know how a book ends. However, I've tried to struggle through to the end of certain books, and it really hasn't worked for me...
ReplyDeleteI tried this approach some time back, with two books: "Angel Star" and "Lemniscate", by Jennifer Murgia. I HATED both! I did go all the way to the end, too. But these were books I bought, so I had no problem giving them negative reviews. When I have to review a book for a blog tour, though, it's a different story. It would reflect badly on the author if I were to give their book a negative review.
Nowadays, I don't think I would finish a book I didn't like, simply because I don't have any time to waste. I want to get to the really good books that I will like and enjoy reviewing.
Thanks for your answer! Have a GREAT weekend, and Happy Reading!! : )
So far I have been lucky with the books I chose to read and haven't had a large dislike for many.
DeleteI love that you stop by and share your wonderful answers with me Maria, thanks so much.