-->

Monday, August 12, 2013

Review - Daimon by Jennifer L. Armentrout





Daimon (Covenant 0.5) by Jennifer L. Armentrout
Release date - April 19th 2011
Published by Spencer Hill Press
ebook, 62 pages
Source - Purchased
Add it to Goodreads


Description (from Goodreads)

"Love in my world usually ended up with someone hearing 'I smite thee ' as she was cursed to be some lame flower for the rest of her life." For three years, Alexandria has lived among mortals--pretending to be like them and trying to forget the duty she'd been trained to fulfill as a child of a mortal and a demigod. At seventeen, she's pretty much accepted that she's a freak by mortal standards... and that she'll never be prepared for that duty. According to her mother, that's a good thing. But as every descendant of the gods knows, Fate has a way of rearing her ugly head. A horrifying attack forces Alex to flee Miami and try to find her way back to the very place her mother had warned her she should never return-the Covenant. Every step that brings her closer to safety is one more step toward death... because she's being hunted by the very creatures she'd once trained to kill. The daimons have found her.




My Review


 I can honestly say that I loved this story. Since this is the prequel for the covenant series it wasn't very long but it still packed all kinds of action, mystery and emotion. This book explains the unfortunate events that had Alex wishing for refuge from the Covenant even though her mother had whisked her away from that life three years prior, for reasons that Alex knows nothing about.

 It was definitely a great introduction to the series. I really liked Alex and thought that her smarts and quick actions shows what a great daimon fighter she could be. I was also very curious about the gray eyed boy she kept thinking about is, and I look forward to finding out in the next book.

With all this said I give Daimon a 4 out of 5 stars.
✯ ✯ ✯ ✯ ✯
Would I read it again? No


Buy it here:

Amazon

Places you can find the Author

Links

 Website | Twitter | Facebook






No comments:

Post a Comment