-->

Thursday, August 15, 2013

Quotable Thursdays, #6 - Romeo and Juliet by William Shakespeare




Quotable Thursdays  is a meme created here at Mo_Books where you pick a quote or two from a great book ( be careful not to choose spoilers ) and explain why you like them.

 My pick this week is:


Romeo and Juliet by William Shakespeare



“For never was a story of more woe than this of Juliet and her Romeo.” 





Why I like it

 First off I have to mention that I've never actually read this whole book from beginning to end before. Other then the acts that I had to read along with the movie in high school English class, I never read very much of it. I've never really been a fan of reading classics but the last line in this very well known play is definitely one of my favorites. You don't need to read the book to know the story of Romeo and Juliet and I feel that the last line basically sums up the whole story.

 Its hard to describe exactly how this quote makes me feel, I think its beautiful and dreadfully sad at the same time and I can tell from the beauty of the words just how much love the fated couple ad for each other. I've never forgotten this quote and that why it makes it one of my favorites.



If this quote has grabbed your interest add it to Goodreads

 Thanks for stopping by my Quotable Thursday :-). If anyone know of any great quotes please share with me and join in the fun with your own QT.

2 comments:

  1. "If music be the food of love, play on." WS
    Love Shakespeare...I saw you on Goodreads and I thought it would be nice to follow via GFC/Bloglovin and say Hello! Hope you'll follow back Mina's Bookshelf http://minadecaro.blogspot.com



    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for leaving a comment and following me Mina :-) I am already a follower of yours :D

    ReplyDelete