The Midnight Heir (The Bane Chronicles Part #4) by Cassandra Clare & Sarah Rees Brennan
Release date - July 16th 2013
Published by Margaret K. McElderry Book
ebook, 40 pages
Source - Purchased
Add it to Goodreads
Description (from Goodreads)
In Edwardian London, Magnus Bane discovers old friends and new enemies—including the son of his former comrade Will Herondale. One of ten adventures in The Bane Chronicles.
Magnus thought he would never return to London, but he is lured by a handsome offer from Tatiana Blackthorn, whose plans—involving her beautiful young ward—are far more sinister than Magnus even suspects. In London at the turn of the century, Magnus finds old friends, and meets a very surprising young man . . . the sixteen-year-old James Herondale.
This standalone e-only short story illuminates the life of the enigmatic Magnus Bane, whose alluring personality populates the pages of the #1 New York Times bestselling series, The Mortal Instruments and The Infernal Devices series. This story in The Bane Chronicles is written by Sarah Rees Brennan and Cassandra Clare.
Quotes
“I,” the boy announced, “am James Herondale.”
My Review
This time in Magnus Banes adventures we are taken to London in 1903, the first time Magnus has been back since he said goodbye to Will Herondale and left for New York. On route to someone in need of his services he discovers a black haired Shadowhunter causing a bit of a disturbance and returns him home into the arms of his old friends.
I was so happy to read about Will, Tessa and Jem again. I loved getting a glimpse into their lives many years after the Infernal Devices and my heart warmed to feel the love that they still had for one another. I also enjoyed meeting their son, James Herondale and his interesting talent that he obviously inherited from his mother.
As always Magnus is awesome! I love how he is able to take in a awful situation and handle it calmly and still say something that makes me laugh, like this ↓
Magnus stared at her for a long moment. “Ah,” he said. “I beg your pardon. Uh, would it be terribly uncivil of me to inquire what you do believe yourself to be? Do you think that you are a lamp shade?”
The only complaint I have with this short story is that I wish there was more. I also was left with a few different questions, which I find frustrating.
I give this book a 4 out of 5 stars.
✯ ✯ ✯ ✯ ✯
Would I read it again? Yes
Buy it here:
Amazon
In case your interested here are my reviews for the other editions of the Magnus Bane Chronicles.
Would I read it again? Yes
Buy it here:
Amazon
In case your interested here are my reviews for the other editions of the Magnus Bane Chronicles.

No comments:
Post a Comment