-->

Thursday, August 29, 2013

Review - Pure by Jennifer L. Armentrout




Pure (Covenant #2)
by Jennifer L. Armentrout
Release date - April 3rd 2012
Published by Spencer Hill Press
Paperback, 329 pages
Source - Borrowed from Library
Add it to Goodreads


Description (from Goodreads)

There is need. And then there is Fate... Being destined to become some kind of supernatural electrical outlet isn't exactly awesome--especially when Alexandria's "other half" is everywhere she goes. Seth's in her training room, outside her classes, and keeps showing up in her bedroom--so not cool. Their connection does have some benefits, like staving off her nightmares of the tragic showdown with her mother, but it has no effect on what Alex feels for the forbidden, pure-blooded Aiden. Or what he will do--and sacrifice--for her.

 When daimons infiltrate the Covenants and attack students, the gods send furies--lesser gods determined to eradicate any threat to the Covenants and to the gods, and that includes the Apollyon... and Alex. And if that and hordes of aether-sucking monsters didn't blow bad enough, a mysterious threat seems willing to do anything to neutralize Seth, even if that means forcing Alex into servitude... or killing her. When the gods are involved, some decisions can never, ever be undone.

Quotes

“I think… I’ll remember how you looked last night for the rest of my life. Gods, you were so beautiful.” - Aiden

“You’re a bit crazy. You throw apples in people’s faces when you’re angry. You go off half-cocked half the time. It entertains me to no end. So if you are irrational, I hope you stay that way. I love it.” - Seth

My Review

 Alex's story continues in Pure with the lingering fear of half bloods now being turned into daimons. Since half blood daimons were undetectable, they could easily infiltrate the covenant and this had everyone on edge. There were strick new rules and Alex as always had a problem with following them. Her failure to listen brings her ultimate heartache and unfortunately that was only the beginning of Alex's troubles. Then thrown into the mix is her feelings for Aiden, the off limits pure blood that she has dreamt about for so long, and Seth, her Apollyon other half.

 Okay so I loved Daimon and Half-Blood and if its even possible, I loved this book more. This story just continues to get better and better. Once again Jennifer Armentrout's mix of mystery, action, romance and witty banter had my eyes glued to the pages.

 Here are a few reasons why I loved it so much. Alex - I can't think of a better heroine right now. She is brave and scared at the same time, hard and soft shelled and she knows how to throw down. Not to mention how quick she is with a comeback. Caleb - the cream of the crop when it comes to best friends and the only one that Alex trusts enough to share what she's really feeling with. Seth - is a whole lot of awesomeness! He is caring, protective, funny, sexy and I could just go on and on. There was one particular scene when Alex and Seth went swimming, I thought it was so hot! the words were sizzling off the pages faster then I could read them.

 The Breeding Order thing definitely gets a rise out of me. Hopefully at some point in time in this series all of the ministers that agree with the idea that half bloods are much lesser beings and that they deserve their place in the covenant get what's coming to them.

The only parts of the story that dragged for me was the training that Alex did with Aiden. Perhaps this is why I liked reading about Seth more.

 So in closing I would like to add that I would highly recommend this awesome series to any fan of YA. I heard a fair amount of hype about these books and was slightly reluctant to believe that they were as good as everyone was saying but I was 100% not disappointed. Everything they said was true.
I give Pure a 5 out of 5 stars.
✯ ✯ ✯ ✯ ✯
Would I read it again? Yes


Buy it here:

Amazon


You may also be interested in these reviews



by Jennifer L. Armentrout 


Places you can find the author

Website | Twitter | Facebook

2 comments:

  1. Aw, I enjoyed the training sessions w/Aiden. It shows how Alex's physical and mental strength develops, plus all that tension bt her and Aiden, lol. I loved this book and this series is easily my fave ever. Great review!

    Have you heard about the Covenant Read-Along yet? We're counting down to Sentinel w/a read-along. Prizes & discussions! Fun!

    Vi
    Confessions of a Vi3tBabe
    Deity Island

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment and for letting me know about the covenant read along, I signed up :-)

    ReplyDelete