-->

Friday, August 2, 2013

Book Blogger Hop, #6 - Aug 2nd - 8th





The Book Blogger Hop is hosted over at Ramblings of a Coffee Addicted Writer. The hop's purpose is to give bloggers a chance to follow other blogs, learn about new books, befriend other bloggers, and receive new followers to your own blog.


Here's what you do

1.) Post on your blog answering this weeks designated question. ( click here to find next weeks question )

2.) Enter the link to your post in the Linky list on the Ramblings of a Coffee-Addicted Writer's blog

3.) Visit other blogs on the list and comment on their posts.

4.) Be sure to find out next week's question when you post your link

Question


How do you turn down a review request?


My Answer



Since I am still new to blogging I haven't put myself out there much to receive books for review. I did however have to turn down one, which I will refrain from naming, it was a true crime novel. For whatever reason it deeply bothers me knowing that the events in a story actually happened. I prefer to read fiction and I politely explained this to the author.





I very interested in reading other answers for this question. Please feel free to share your own answers with me and as always, thanks for reading.


5 comments:

  1. I hope you start to get review requests.

    As for turning down requests, I answer every request whether it is a yes or a no. It has been mostly a no lately because I have books for review into the new year.

    Declining is tricky, but it can be done graciously as I have seen from many answers today including mine. :)

    Stop by for my full answer if you like.

    Happy Hopping!!

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My Blog Hop Answer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved your answer Elizabeth and found it very helpful. Thanks for leaving your excellent comment :D see ya next week.

      Delete
  2. Well, after you've been blogging a while, you'll definitely get review requests!

    It was very nice and courteous of you to explain to the author exactly how you felt. It's not easy to do that...

    Thanks for your honest answer! Happy Friday, and Happy Hopping!! : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for stopping NY and leaving a comment Maria, I love getting to hear from other bloggers :-)

      Delete
  3. I've tried reading a few because the only books people I know will read are true crimes. They always depress me so I refuse to read them. Thanks for stopping by Vicki :-)

    ReplyDelete