Through the Ever Night (Under the Never Sky #2) by Veronica Rossi
Release date - January 8th 2013
Published by HarperCollins
Hardcover, 352 pages
Source - Purchased
Add it to Goodreads
Description (from Goodreads)
It's been months since Aria last saw Perry. Months since Perry was named Blood Lord of the Tides, and Aria was charged with an impossible mission. Now, finally, they are about to be reunited. But their reunion is far from perfect. The Tides don't take kindly to Aria, a former Dweller. And with the worsening Aether storms threatening the tribe's precarious existence, Aria begins to fear that leaving Perry behind might be the only way to save them both. Threatened by false friends, hidden enemies, and powerful temptations, Aria and Perry wonder,Can their love survive through the ever night? In this second book in her spellbinding Under the Never Sky trilogy, Veronica Rossi combines fantasy and dystopian elements to create a . love story as perilous as it is unforgettable.
Quotes
“We lose and lose, but we’re still here. Shaking in place, afraid of doing something. I’m tired of settling for this because I don’t know if something better exists. It has to. What point is there otherwise? I can do something about it now. And I will.”
“Leaders need to see clearly in darkness, Peregrine. You already do that.”
My Review
Aria and Perry are finally reunited after being separated or months but it doesn't last long. The people living in Tides aren't very friendly to Aria because of her dweller heritage. Perry is being faced with many problems and as the Tides new Blood Lord he needed to earn the loyalty of his people. Aria didn't think that would be possible with her in the compound, so she leaves to complete the task that Hess forced on her and leaves Perry behind.
What an emotional roller coaster! I loved reading this book. I was very interested in the world that the story takes place in and was happy that there was some mention of how the Aether storms came to be, and that the books main focus isn't on the Aether ravaged world but on the people trying to life under its stormy skies. I was once again delighted with the characters and the fast paced plot, this is definitely a book that I would recommend to other post apocalyptic/ romance fans.
Once again my favorite character was Roar. He definitely breathed life into the story with his easy going nature. Roar made me laugh and towards the end of the story he made me cry. I was so glad that he had a bigger part in this book than in the last.
I also really liked Perry. At only 18 he, as the Tides Blood Lord, was responsible for many lives and their well being. With the Aether storms growing worse he needs to find somewhere safe to bring his people but he needs their inditing loyalty for them to listen. I don't think he has anything to worry about. He's courageous, smart and will do anything necessary to help his people and I love Aria and his relationship and am enjoying watching it grow through the series.
I don't have any negative things to say about this except that maybe some kind of bombshell or big surprise would have raised my rating.
I give this book a 4 out of 5 stars.
✯ ✯ ✯ ✯
Would I read it again? Maybe
If your interested in my review for Under the Never Sky, book #1 - Click here
Buy it here:
Amazon | Chapters/Indigo
Places you can find the author:
Links
Website | Twitter | Blog | Facebook
Would I read it again? Maybe
If your interested in my review for Under the Never Sky, book #1 - Click here
Buy it here:
Amazon | Chapters/Indigo
Places you can find the author:
Links
Website | Twitter | Blog | Facebook

No comments:
Post a Comment