-->

Saturday, August 16, 2014

Katie Hamstead's upcoming novel Deceptive Cadence



 Today I'm excited to share Katie Hamstead's newest upcoming novel Deceptive Cadence. If you've visited Mo_Books before you may have noticed my posts about this author in the past. Katie Hamstead is an absolute darling! and I loved her Kiya series.

Deceptive Cadence
By Katie Hamstead
Published By: Curiosity Quills Press
Release Date: TBA
Description:

 Cadence awakes in a hospital to find her husband and daughter dead, killed in an earthquake. So when her guardian angel appears and offers her a chance to go back in time with all the knowledge she has, she accepts, desperate to prevent their deaths.

 She shoots back eleven years to her fourteen-year-old self, and faces high school all over again. She is determined to do everything better, including preventing the loss of her best friend and not dating any of her original, drama-inducing boyfriends. Her main focus is on her future husband, who she won’t meet for several years.

 But James Gordon crosses her path. While she wishes to remain single, the bad boy pursues her. He threatens to disrupt everything that is to come as she begins to develop unwanted feelings for him, and distract her from her original goal: to save her future family.




My thoughts on the cover

 With a cover for a romance novel it's usually a hit or miss for me. Deceptive Cadence's cover is definitely one that's a hit. I like the little hearts on Cadence's shirt and the colours. I love the clocks as well. For some reason I absolutely love pictures of old clocks and I like to see them on book covers. Plus they make a fantastic edition to any time traveling book. The best thing about it? There's no half dressed man and half dressed woman pawing all over each other. Which seems to have become the norm with a lot of NA romances nowadays.

Katie Hamstead's thoughts on the cover

 I wanted something really different to Kiya, because the Cadence books are so different to the Kiya Trilogy. Cadence is contemporary, full of hope, and a chance to make things right, so I didn't want it to be dark. It's all about her, so I wanted a soft, feminine look that reflected her choice to travel back in time and save the people she loves. I love the fuchsia for that, and the clocks are great symbols for the time travel. The model is perfect for Cadence with her long, dark blond hair, and the feathers add to the softness and symbolize her guardian angel... even though he doesn't have feathers or wings! :-) All in all, it's a really accurate visual depiction of the story.






About The Author:

 Born and raised in Australia, Katie’s early years of day dreaming in the “bush”, and having her father tell her wild bedtime stories, inspired her passion for writing.
After graduating High School, she became a foreign exchange student where she met a young man who several years later she married. Now she lives in Arizona with her husband, daughter, and their dog.

 She has a diploma in travel and tourism which helps inspire her writing. She is currently at school studying English and Creative Writing.

 Katie loves to out sing her friends and family, play sports and be a good wife and mother. She loves to write, and takes the few spare moments in her day to work on her novels.

Socialize with Katie:
Blog / Facebook / Twitter / Goodreads






2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much! And I love you you love it. And yeah with the half naked people pawing all over each other.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're quite welcome darlin'.
      I'm super stoked to read DC!!

      Delete