Legend (Legend #1) by Marie Lu
Release Date: November 29th 2011
Published By: Speak
Paperback, 305 pages
My Rating - ✯ ✯ ✯ ✯ ✯
Description
From different worlds, June and Day have no reason to cross paths...
Until June's brother is murdered, and Day becomes the prime suspect.
In a shocking turn of events, the two uncover what has really brought them together, and the sinister lengths to which their country will go to keep its secrets.
My Review
My first thoughts on this novel we're all spectacular. It had an intriguing plot, and characters right off the bat that I adored. I was quickly captivated and became immersed in the story.
Day is a legend. His name is notorious among the people of the Republic. After failing the required trials that every 10 year old is forced before finding their place in society, his life completely changed and he became known as the elusive criminal Day. June is the Republic's joy. At only 15, she is the brightest and most talented student the Republic has ever seen. After discovering that Day could be responsible for her brother's death, June sets out to doing something no one has been able to accomplish - capture Day.
I extremely enjoyed these characters! They were well developed and I liked that the author included some of their earlier memories, making it easier to understand both of their situations. I also enjoyed the duel points of view that alternated back and forth between Day and June. In my paperback copy all of Day's chapters were written in the colour yellow and with a different font. I loved this.
In conclusion, I will add that I thought this was well paced novel with fantastic evolving characters. I was never bored and finished it rather quickly. Which wasn't difficult to do with the easy to read flowing writing.
I give this a 5 out of 5 stars.

I flew through this book too. It was definitely fast paced with an exciting story and great characters! Great review :)
ReplyDeleteI loved these characters! I'm stoked to read Champion, when I get a chance to. Thanks for reading my review Eileen ♥
DeleteI love books with awesome characters, and Legend sounds like it does this perfectly. I'll definitely have to try to read it soon. I keep overlooking it, and I have no idea why, eek! Great review, Monique!
ReplyDeleteOverlooking books happens to me often. There's just so many awesome books out there so this out of sight out of mind thing kind of happens.
DeleteThanks so much for reading my review Alma. I hope you get a chance to read Legend some time.
This book has been on my to-read list for a long time. I'm not sure why I haven't gotten around to reading it... But perhaps I will soon! Thanks for the review :)
ReplyDeleteTracy @ Cornerfolds
Been there Tracy. I hope you will be able to get around to it sometime soon. I love dystopian stories and this one didn't fall short.
Delete