-->

Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Waiting on Wednesday - Firefight by Brandon Sanderson



Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by  Breaking the Spine  showcasing upcoming books that we are waiting, often impatiently, to be released.

My WoW pick this week is....



Firefight (Reckoners #2)
by Brandon Sanderson
Expected Release Date: January 6th 2015
Published by Gollanc
Hardcover, 400 pages
Add it to Goodreads


Description (from Goodreads)

From the #1 "New York Times" bestselling author of Words of Radiance coauthor of Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time series, and creator of the internationally bestselling Mistborn Trilogy, Brandon Sanderson presents the second book in the Reckoners series:Firefight, the sequel to the #1 bestseller Steelheart.

They told David it was impossible--that even the Reckoners had never killed a High Epic. Yet, Steelheart--invincible, immortal, unconquerable--is dead. And he died by David's hand.

Eliminating Steelheart was supposed to make life more simple. Instead, it only made David realize he has questions. Big ones. And there's no one in Newcago who can give him the answers he needs.

Babylon Restored, the old borough of Manhattan, has possibilities, though. Ruled by the mysterious High Epic, Regalia, David is sure Babylon Restored will lead him to what he needs to find. And while entering another city oppressed by a High Epic despot is a gamble, David's willing to risk it. Because killing Steelheart left a hole in David's heart. A hole where his thirst for vengeance once lived. Somehow, he filled that hole with another Epic--Firefight. And he's willing to go on a quest darker, and more dangerous even, than the fight against Steelheart to find her, and to get his answers.




Why I Want To Read It

  I loved Steelheart, the first book in this series. I had never read a book about superheroes before. In this series the 'epics' (people with superpowers) are the bad guys, which makes for a pretty interesting story. I can't wait to continue on with this series!


8 comments:

  1. Ooh, thank you for making me put Steelheart on my TBR list. Haven't heard of it. I'm still discovering Brandon Sanderson and I love his books so far!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to be of assistance =D Steelheart is the only book I've read by Sanderson but I will definitely be reading more.

      Delete
  2. I hadn't heard about this series but it looks good! Great Pick!

    Here's our WoW

    Nemo @ Blame it on the Book

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for dropping by and commenting =D

      Delete
  3. This is new to me! It sounds really interesting, might give it a go. Thanks for sharing Monique, hope you love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Me too Alma. Thanks so much for dropping by darlin =D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Me too!! I loved the first book, and it was such a cool set up. I can't wait to see where Sanderson takes things. Superheroes/villains who act like old school gangsters, and thugs. Heck yeah, give me more! lol I just love the way Sanderson writes too. It's so different. I hope you love the next one too!
    My WoW.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also loved that it's told primarily from a male pov. Thanks for reading Kerry =D

      Delete