Prodigy (Legend #2) by Marie Lu
Release Date: January 29th 2013
Published By: Speak
Hardcover, 371 pages
Goodreads
My Rating - ✯ ✯ ✯ ✯ ½
Description
Injured and on the run, it has been seven days since June and Day barely escaped Los Angeles and the Republic with their lives. Day is believed dead having lost his own brother to an execution squad who thought they were assassinating him. June is now the Republic's most wanted traitor. Desperate for help, they turn to the Patriots - a vigilante rebel group sworn to bring down the Republic. But can they trust them or have they unwittingly become pawns in the most terrifying of political games?
My Review
Where as Legend, the first book in the series, was more centered around Day, I found Prodigy to revolve more around June. Once again told from rotating points of view between Day and June. I felt that June stole the show in this novel.
June had chosen her path when she left the Republic to go to Vegas. Day was injured, and they needed the kind of assistance only the Patriots could provide. The mission that these two are given in exchange for the Patriots help reveals even more treacherous activity than they could have dreamt.
I loved jumping back into the series, this time with Day and June together, fighting for the same cause. When these two characters had scenes together my eyes were glued to the page. Mainly to do with the fantastic chemistry between them. I loved watching their relationship grow, and their characters along with it.
The book progressed at a steady pace, keeping up with the original plot line and throwing in a few curve balls. There was thrilling action, and a couple of well placed secrets. The only thing I didn't like in this novel was how easily Tess swayed Day's feelings towards June. I liked Tess' character from the previous book, but now I think that June should kick her jealous butt!
In conclusion I will add that I loved this sequel. It absolutely lived up to the expectations I had for it. I'm excited for the conclusion to the series, Champion.
I give this a 4 and ½ out of 5 stars

I haven't read the first book in this series, but it's on my to-read list! After this review, I'm positive I want to read it! Thanks for sharing :)
ReplyDeleteTracy @ Cornerfolds
You're welcome Tracy. And thank you for your kind comment =D it put a big smile on my face.
ReplyDeleteI've read Legend and really liked it! I've actually been procrastinating to read this book just because I own it so I always end up saying "I'll read the library books first". No more! I'll definitely be reading it now!
ReplyDeleteGlad that I could give you that little push towards reading it Laura. I hope you like it as much as I did =D
Delete