-->

Monday, August 25, 2014

To Vlog Or Not To Vlog?


Vlogging

  To vlog or not to vlog, that is the question (sorry I couldn't help myself hehe). I have come to realize that vlogging is the trendy thing for bloggers to do nowadays. Everywhere I look, someone has posted a video of themselves on their blog, showing off new books, discussing different topics and participating in read-a-thons. I may not watch many of them, but the few that I have seen, I loved getting to finally put a face to a name. I have been trying to decide whether or not I would want to jump on this bandwagon.

 There are a few reasons why I'm feeling undecided. I'm a tad bit insecure. I can't help it. Due to my insecurity it would make me worry about a multitude of things. Like, do I look like I haven't slept in a week?, Hmmm, are those gray hairs really all that visible?, and when was the last time that wall behind me had a coat of paint on it? (honestly, you don't want to know.) These might seem like trivial reasons to some, but I have a difficult time putting myself out there and they feel like big deals to me. I swear I'm not judgmental that way with the video's I have watched. I'm often harder on myself, and I let the little things bug me way too much.

 I still have thoughts towards vlogging something one day. I would like to give my followers a chance to hear my voice and see the real me. Even if it does seem scary. I'm sure you guessed by now that I have never been that girl that wanted to be in front of the camera. I have  always been the one holding the video recorder or taking the pictures.

 Who knows what the future will bring for this blogger. I may have a brave moment in a few months and record a video of my own. But then I might also just continue to enjoy staying  behind the scenes. That way I seem more mysterious ;) lol. What are your thoughts on blogging? Have you ever made and video's? Share your experience with me.

Thanks so much for reading.




4 comments:

  1. Vlogs did catch on quite fast. I assume it would take twice the time, it takes to write a post to actually have to film it then edit it. :/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good point, I never even thought of that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I rarely watch vlogs. I just don't have the time. Like you I'm a bit insecure to even do it myself, and when I look at the point that I don't even watch others' vlogs, it just seems like a waste of time for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by and sharing your thoughts Lisa.

      Delete