-->

Monday, August 18, 2014

Mo_Books News - August 2014




Reading

 Surprisingly I've been getting more reading done then expected this summer. Normally I'm distracted by summer fun, warm weather, and both of my children's birthday parties. But this year I didn't let distraction take over and I put a good dent in my reading pile.

 My Reading It Old School summer challenge has been going really well. To date I've managed to read 5 out of the 10 books on my list. It's been pleasant getting to read my physical books again, I didn't realize how much I missed 'the real deal'. I'm thinking about creating a fall challenge for when I'm finished with this one.

Blogging

 I've been happy with my blog and the few slight changes that I made. I found a way that works for me to get better organized. This has helped me A LOT! Organization is definitely the key to a smoother running blog. I've been using a blogger organizer that I downloaded for free (from www.parajunkie.com) and printed it off at home. I think having something physical verses using something online has made a huge difference. I didn't even know there was such a thing as a blogger organizer before. Thanks for enlightening me Rachel.

 Since Mo_Books reached 200 GFC followers I threw together a Follower Appreciation giveaway as a way of saying thanks. Entries are low so if you haven't entered your chances are good. It is open until August 31st.

 I haven't been participating in many (basically none) blog tours lately. I've been trying to focus on my pile of review requests. Which I'm not really doing a good job keeping up with since I chose to unplug myself from my reading devices all summer, and the majority of those books are ebooks. But I have signed up for a few tours this fall, I'm just waiting to see if I was approved.

 That's all that's been happening around my neck of the woods lately. What have you been up to all summer.


2 comments:

  1. Congrats on the 200 GFC followers :)

    I am glad you are reading more than you though this one this summer! :)

    Thanks for sharing & I hope you are having a good week! :D


    Alex @ The Shelf Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Alex. Since I only read 3 books last summer I was pretty happy that I did so !much better this summer. Eight so far! =D

    ReplyDelete