-->

Thursday, August 7, 2014

Review - The One by Kiera Cass




The One (The Selection #3)
by Kiera Cass
Release Date: June 5th 2014
Published by: HarperCollins
Paperback, 323 pages
Goodreads
My Rating - ✯ ✯ ½

Description

 THE SELECTION changed the lives of thirty-five girls forever. Now, only one will claim Prince Maxon’s heart…

 It’s swoon meets the Hunger Games in the final installment of THE SELECTION trilogy!

 For the four girls who remain at the palace, the friendships they’ve formed, rivalries they’ve struggled with and dangers they’ve faced have bound them to each other for the rest of their lives.

 Now, the time has come for one winner to be chosen.

 America never dreamed she would find herself anywhere close to the crown – or to Prince Maxon’s heart. But as the competition approaches its end and the threats outside the palace walls grow more vicious, America realizes just how much she stands to lose – and how hard she’ll have to fight for the future she wants.

 The breathtaking finale to THE SELECTION trilogy will make you swoon!



My Review

   The Selection series was good, but I didn't find it to be near as fantastic as it's beautiful covers. Honestly, besides Prince Maxon, the covers were probably my favourite thing about the series. Maxon's softer, more trusting, sensitive side and his personality really won me over. My biggest problem with this series surfaced in the Elite, book #2 when America began to take on the role as a two timer. She really surprised me with her actions towards Aspen, which completely changed my opinion of her. I did find this to be a shame, because other than the untrustworthy thing I really liked her.

  Finally in this novel the reader got some action! it wasn't all tea parties and fancy dinners. I enjoyed the role that the rebels played in this book, but wished that the plot could have been more thought out. And to be honest I actually feel slightly confused with the rebels part when the story ended. I did like that there was more emotion in the characters and I did feel that I got to know one or two of them much better.

  In conclusion, I would like to add that I have a slight problem when it comes to reading a series. I need to have closure! I can't leave a series unfinished, even if the story has lost it's pizzazz for me. Reading this book was one of those times that I finished it just to find out how it ended. Not so much for the enjoyment of it.

I give this a 2 1/2 stars

 Have you read this book or any of the others from the series? Let me know what you thought of them in the comments below. Thanks so much for reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment