-->

Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday - Books I'd Give To Readers Who Have Never Read Retellings.




 Top Ten Tuesday is hosted over at  The Broke and the Bookish, and for this weeks topic it's Top Ten Books I'd Give To Readers Who Have Never Read Retellings.

(Cinderella, Little Red Riding Hood, Repunzel, The Little Mermaid)
The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer


(The Wizard of Oz)
Dorothy Must Die by Danielle Paige

(Alice in Wonderland)
Queen of Hearts Saga by Colleen Oakes

(Peter Pan)
Tiger Lily by Jodi Lynn Anderson

(Alice in Wonderland)
Splintered by A. G. Howard

(Alice in Wonderland)
Follow the White Rabbit by Kellie Sheridan

(Peter Pan)
Second on the Right by Elizabeth Los


 What made your list this week?



30 comments:

  1. The Lunar Chronicles and Splintered are two of my favorite series! Fantastic list! :)

    Here are my Top Ten!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have all the Lunar Chronicles books but I haven't read them just yet. I really want to get Splintered too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You absolutely need to read the Lunar chronicles Eileen, its a series that just keeps on getting better. I loved the novellas too. Marissa Meyer has such a talent!

      Delete
  3. I've hardly read any retellings and Cinder is on the top of my to-read list for that genre, people tell me that book might change my opinion of retellings. Because for some reason I am not really into retellings, but who knows maybe I just haven't found the right book yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now that you mention it I believe that Cinder was the book that made me take a second glance at other retellings. I hope these creative and imaginative books will do the same for you. Thanks so much for stopping by Lola =D

      Delete
  4. YES! Absolutely love The Lunar Chronicles and can't wait for Winter. And to reply to your Twitter post.....THORN!! *SWOON* ♥
    I have Tiger Lily and The Splintered books... haven't read them yet. I really need too. My husband gets mad that I haven't read Splintered and Unhinged b/c he's the one that bought me those books for V-Day. Lol!
    Great list of books my friends!
    Big Hugs xoxo
    Michelle
    My Top Ten @ Book Hangovers Blabs Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember that your hubby gave you those, I only read Splintered but would like to reading Unhinged soon. Thanks so much for dropping by and leaving a comment Michelle =D

      Delete
  5. I love The Lunar Chronicles and Tiger Lily. Splintered is on my list. I was thinking about marathoning it when the final book comes out in January. Glad it made your list. Great list!
    Cassi @ My Thoughts Literally

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love marathoning a series! That way I don't end up forgetting anything. Thanks for visiting Cassi!

      Delete
  6. I LOVED Tiger Lily!
    My TTT
    http://hauntedgravebooks.blogspot.com/2014/08/top-ten-books-for-people-who-have-never.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Lunar Chronicles are amazing! I can't wait for Cinder! Splintered and Tiger Lily are on my TBR list!
    Here's my TTT - http://blueeyebooks.blogspot.com/2014/08/top-ten-tuesday-3.html
    I did fantasy :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're definitely in for a treat Laura, I hope you love them as much as I did.

      Delete
  8. Love The Lunar Chronicles series! And Splintered! Retellings are one of my favorite genres, and I've found some amazing gems. Dorothy Must Die is on my wishlist. So is Tiger Lily (but I'm pretty sure I have it on my kindle). Great list! :)

    My TTT
    -Holly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have really been loving the retellings lately. Especially when they're mixed with sci fi like the Lunar Chronicles. Thanks for commenting Holly =D

      Delete
  9. Listing re-tellings is such a great idea. I'm definitely going to look into some of these books.

    My Top Ten CanLit recommendations
    http://goodbooksandacupoftea.blogspot.ca/2014/08/top-ten-tuesday.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the idea of canlit I can't wait to check out what you picked. Thanks for dropping by Shan!

      Delete
  10. Dorothy Must Die, Cinder, and Splintered are all on my list as must reads. Great list. You should check out Death of The Mad Hatter by Sarah J. Pepper. I thought it was brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the rec Jazmen, I'm definitely going to check it out. Thanks for commenting =D

      Delete
  11. Confession: I have yet to read a retelling. I have convinced myself I don't like them, but um... how would I even know!? I bought Cinder though, and vow to read it soon! Such a great list, I will definitely be looking into reading some of these ASAP!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really hope that Cinder changes your mind about retellings Shannon. I like the idea of revisiting old stories with a more modern feel to them. Thank you for visiting =)

      Delete
  12. I definitely agree with the Lunar Chronicles, that's one of the best retellings I've ever read. Splintered is also really good too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could probably gush over Cinder and the gang all day. Such a fantastic group of characters. Thanks for dropping by Val.

      Delete
  13. A lot of these are on my TBR list, I have heard such good things about Tiger Lily so I will start with that one :) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a beautifully written story. It wasn't what I thought it was going to be. But I loved the unique idea of it being told in the point of view of a fairy (Tinkerbell) that couldn't talk. Hope you enjoy it.

      Delete
  14. Yes! Amazing recommendations and chosen genre! The Snow Child is a retelling and made it to my list for Historical Fiction which it also fits under! :)

    Check out my TTT!

    Katrina @ Chased By My Imagination

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Katrina I like getting recommendations. Historical fiction is another of my preferred genres =D thanks for leaving a comment.

      Delete
  15. The Lunar Chronicles are pretty close to the top of my list now! I'm excited for them. I have had Splintered for a while now but haven't got to it yet (one of my fav covers ever) and Tiger Lily I'm on the fence about but I may have to check it out if you say so! Thanks for stopping by Monique! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I haven't read any of the books you have mentioned in your list, but some of them are on my TBR pile and have been waiting for me to finally find time to read them for months, if not even years. Maybe, someday, I'll actually get to it! :)

    ReplyDelete