-->

Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday - Should I Read It?




 Top Ten Tuesday is hosted over at  The Broke and the Bookish, and this week's topic is Ten Books I'm Not Sure I Want To Read (books you may have bought but aren't sure if you are into it anymore, books you wanted to read but heard mixed things about, hyped books you aren't sure about --- basically any book that has you going, "TO READ OR NOT TO READ?"


  1. The Vanishing Season by Jodi Lynn Anderson
  2. Percy Jackson and the Greek Gods by Rick Riordan
  3. The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey
  4. Blackout by Dan Wells
  5. The Host by Stephanie Meyers
  6. The 100 by Kass Morgan
  7. P.O.D's by Michelle Pickett
  8. Rebel Hearts by Moira Young 
  9. The Knife of Never Letting Go by Patrick Ness 
  10. The Iron Prince by Julie Kagawa


 Have you read any of these books? If so help me make a decision by telling me what you thought of them. I have been going back and forth between wanting to read these, but quickly forgetting about them.

Have you checked out my Follower Appreciation Giveaway yet?
If not you can do so here-
 http://moniquesmobooks.blogspot.ca/2014/08/follower-appreciation.html



16 comments:

  1. I love Percy Jackson books, though I've only read the first five books. It's middle grade but so much fun, the characters are funny, unique and varies and I love how the bad guys aren't purely evil. So I recommend Percy Jackson any given day.

    I've also read The Host, several times, and I liked it but I read it when it first came out and it was around my Twilight phase (which came and went long time ago) and yeah, it does have aspects that I didn't like but it was not bad generally. Enjoyable, and there was some great characters.

    Henna @ Howling for Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I absolutely adore the Percy Jackson books but I was never quite sure of the novellas. I like my Percy stories to be long and have lots of twists and turns. I'm not sure if Greek Gods will be able to achieve that. Thanks so much for commenting.

      Delete
    2. Good point. Though, I enjoyed The Demigod Files, those short stories were great between the wait for the next books in the series.

      Delete
  2. Not that I want to pout you off, but I hated The Fifth Wave. It was so crap up until the ending and I found that it was not worth it in the end!

    A lot of people have said The Host and I understand their reservations. But I ended up loving it so I would give it a try!

    Thanks for sharing & great list!

    Alex @ The Shelf Diaries

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are definitely not the only one that has said they didn't like the 5th Wave, which is why I am so on the fence about it. Thank you for sharing your honest opinion Alex, I appreciate it.

      Delete
  3. I did NOT like the Twilight series at all, but I loved The Host! So that one I would definitely recommend!!!

    http://chasedbymyimagination.blogspot.co.uk/2014/08/top-ten-tuesday-my-picks-for-books-im.html > Check out my TTT!

    Katrina @ Chased By My Imagination

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I watch the movie the Host and I loved it (Jeremy Irons is so dreamy lol) I really don't know what's stopping me from reading the book =S
      Thanks so much for visiting Katrina, its always a pleasure to hear from you =D

      Delete
  4. I would say a million yeses to The Iron King! I really liked it, and I’d day out of the ten, it would definitely be the one I'd recommend to read at some stage.

    The Host is agonisingly slow for the first 150 - 180 or so pages. It’s actually quite painful to read. It took me four days to read that much! I was warned about it before I started and I made the decision to plough through the beginning, and I was so glad I did. If you’re in the mood for a 600+ page book, maybe give it a shot. As I stand now, I'd take one look at the page count, and say "pass"... But it is a good book! LOL!

    I haven't read the Percy Jackson series. I don't read much MG.. maybe I should give it a go, it sounds like a good series :D

    Alma @ Journey Through Fiction

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts on these novels Alma. I will take what you've said into consideration =D

      Delete
  5. The Percy Jackson books are so much fun!! The books get better and better as the series went on. I really want to read The 5th Wave and The Knife of Never Letting Go :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have heard a lot of good things about TKONLG. The only thing holding me back was that I also heard it was slightly disturbing.
      Thanks for commenting Eileen!

      Delete
  6. I'm going to read the fifth wave because I already bought a copy but it lost it's appeal a bit. I'm also reading The Vanishing Season because I have an ARC copy that I haven't gotten around to reading.

    I wanted to read P.O.D.S for a while but I just forgot about it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I attempted to read The Host, but I couldn't get through it. It was weird... Thanks for visiting Cornerfolds!

    Tracy @ Cornerfolds

    ReplyDelete
  8. Of your list, I have only read The Host. If you can get past the slowness of the first 100-150 pages it is a great book. I also had someone say they got it on audio book and loved it. Thanks for stopping by today. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I read Knife of Never Letting Go and felt really meeeeehhh about it. I agree re: liking The Host, though. And definitely don't watch the movie. :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. I tried reading The Host, but just couldn't get through it because I wasn't interested in the plot. Honestly I don't think I'm going to try it again :/

    ReplyDelete