I have been doing fantastic with my readong challenge and I'm staying unpluged from my devices. As I said in my original Reading it Old School post. I just wanted to take a little break from them and I'm really enjoying focusing on my physical books. I am putting a good dent in my reading pile. This makes me happy.
Here again, are the books on my list:
The Chosen Ones by Tiffany Truitt
Legend & Prodigy Marie Lu
Mila 2.0 by Debra Drizda
Shatter Me & Unravel Me by Tahereh Mafi
After the End by Amy Plum
Guardian by Alex London
These Broken Stars by Megan Spooner
City of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra Clare
However, as I have been making my way through my physical copies I am beginning to remember the dangers, or inconveniences , of reading these copies =0.
#1- The dreaded paper cut. I somehow have managed to get four paper cuts, each across the joints, this month! I don't know how I keep doing it and all I know is that these suckers sting. Maybe I should wear gloves :s
#2- That awful hand cramp from trying to read a big book with one hand.
#3- My four year old thinks its funny to pull the bookmark out of the books I'm reading, I don't think it's funny. It takes a few minutes to find my page again.
#4- Not one of these books will fit in my adorable summer handbag =(
Do you think you could unplug yourself from your reading devices for the summer or maybe give it a try? Share your thoughts with me.


I've tried doing this before, but the problem is that the books on my kindle are so much more interesting than the physical books I haven't read! I haven't gotten paper cuts from reading in a while, but I definitely know where you're coming from on the hand cramps. Good luck on your challenge!
ReplyDeleteI love reading on my different devices, and the fact that they are so much more convenient. That's the biggest problem I'm having with this challenge. Thanks so much for reading and commenting =D
DeleteI can definitely relate to #2 and #4! It's so hard to find a good reading position while trying to maintain a good hold on a book :( And they're so heavy to carry around that I almost never take it out of my house. I only read my physical books when I'm at home.
ReplyDeleteHow was After the End? I have heard mixed reviews but am really interested to pick it up!
I loved After the End! You should definitely read it Eileen. At first I wasn't sure about it, but I quickly changed my mind. Great characters and a good plot. I recommend this one =D. Thanks for reading!
DeleteOk, I am definitely going to get After the End!!
DeleteOh, i love reading books, whether on Kindle or physical books. Though i have to agree with you about #4. Especially reading a book like City of Heavenly Fire! I had to carry it all around using my hands, because it would not fit into my bag. Plus, with Kindle, I could get any books that i want immediately, such that i dont actually have to go down to the bookstore/library to get the book. HEHE.
ReplyDeleteI know exactly what you're saying Maryam! Thanks so much for dropping by and commenting =D
Delete