
The Book Blogger Hop is hosted over at Coffee Addicted Writer.The hop's purpose is to give bloggers a chance to follow other blogs, learn about new books, befriend other bloggers, and receive new followers to your own blog. Each week there will be a question and all you do is answer it and share with others.
This is my first ever Book Blogger Hop meme and I can't wait to meet some new great blogger buddies.
Question
So would you read a book just because of the hype?
My Answer
Yes, but with exceptions. If there is a lot of talk about a book that is written in a genre I enjoy I will definitely check it out. However if its something that I wouldn't normally read I most likely wouldn't give it a second thought, no matter how good someone's says it is.
I totally agree with you! There are two genres that I absolutely refuse to read: erotica and horror. I'm also not too keen on thrillers or mysteries. And, I detest e-books, so no amount of hype will get me to read one!
ReplyDeleteHave a GREAT weekend!! :)
I'm not a fan of erotica novels either but every once in a while I love a good horror story, its just a little difficult to close my eyes during the scary parts lol. Thanks for visiting my first book blogger hop Maria :-)
ReplyDeleteYes agreed. If there is hype about a book in a genre I enjoy I would surely check it out. Especially if readers recommending it are ones whose recs in the past I have liked.
ReplyDeleteWell said Kathryn, I check out most of my review from other bloggers :-) I use Goodreads a lot too, I love being able to compare book shelves and see with friends are the most compatible with me. Thanks for your comment.
DeleteMonique my answer is pretty much the same as yours. Hype brings books to my attention but it doesn't necessarily mean I will read it just because it's hyped.
ReplyDeleteMy Friday Meme
I have learned my lesson about overrated hype before. Thanks for stopping by Angelica.
DeleteThat's a good thing to do, then you have people like me who do like the genre and still read it and are let down ... lol.
ReplyDeleteNew GFC Follower. Find my post here http://ashleynemer. blogspot.com
Thanks for your comment Ashley :-) I visited your blog and thought that you made some great points in your answer and I followed you back.
DeleteI will check out the book but won't read it if I don't like the genre or the premise.
ReplyDeleteI don't jump on the band wagon. :)
Happy Hopping!!
Elizabeth
Silver's Reviews
My Blog Hop Answer
Great minds think alike Elizabeth :D thanks for your comment.
ReplyDelete