The Runaway Queen (The Bane Chronicles, #2) by Cassandra Clare & Maureen Johnson
Release date - May 21st 2013
Published by Margaret K. McElderry Books
ebook, 60 pages
Source - borrowed
Add it to Goodreads
Description (from Goodreads)
Magnus Bane has a royal role in the French Revolution—if the angry mobs don’t spoil his spells. One of ten adventures in The Bane Chronicles.
While in France, immortal warlock Magnus Bane finds himself attempting to rescue the royal family from the horrors of the French Revolution—after being roped into this mess by a most attractive count. Naturally, the daring escape calls for invisible air balloons…
This standalone e-only short story illuminates the life of the enigmatic Magnus Bane, whose alluring personality populates the pages of the #1 New York Times bestselling series, The Mortal Instruments and The Infernal Devices series. This story in The Bane Chronicles, The Runaway Queen, is written by Maureen Johnson and Cassandra Clare.
Quote
“Someday,” Magnus said, looking at the crumpled royal person at his feet, “I must write my memoirs.”
My Review
Not everyone can say they've flown in a invisible hot air balloon with the Queen of France, but Magnus can. Living in Paris during the french revolution Magnus has been asked to use his talents to help the royal family attempt a daring escape from their palace. Of course Magnus is up to the challenge but it seems that the head of the most powerful clan of vampires in Paris may just throw a curve ball in his plans.
I will start by saying that I adore Magnus and will probably read anything about him but this is the second time that the Bane Chronicles haven't lived up to my expectations. I did enjoy reading this story but other then his flamboyant fashions sense and his inability to resist a pretty face he didn't have that pizazz that I love so much.
I did like his interactions with Marcel Saint Cloud and his clan of vampires as well as Magnus' attempt to save Marie Antoinette.
I give this story a 3 out of 5 stars.
No comments:
Post a Comment