-->

Monday, June 17, 2013

Review - Obsession by Jennifer L. Armentrout






Obsession by Jennifer L. Armentrout
Release date - May 31st 2013
Published by by Entangled Publishing
Ebook, 370 pages
Add it to Goodreads


Description (from Goodreads)

He’s arrogant, domineering, and—To. Die. For…
Hunter is a ruthless killer. The Department of Defense has him firmly in their grasp, which usually doesn’t chafe him too badly because he gets to kill bad guys. Most of the time he enjoys his job, that is, until he’s saddled with something he’s never had to do before: Protect a human from his mortal enemy.
Serena Cross didn’t believe her best friend when she claimed to have seen the son of a powerful senator turn into a walking glow stick. Who would? But then she witnesses her friend’s murder at the hands of what can only be an alien, thrusting her into a world that will kill to protect their secret.

Quote

Are you done acting like a psychotic, cracked-out Muppet baby? I have all day. And you actually feel kind of good under me, so take your time. 
- Hunter

My Review

 Serena Crosse has gotten herself into some unwanted trouble when her best friend discloses information  of something shocking that she had saw. Now she is being hunted down and she is in need of her own personal bodyguard.

 Hunter has been forced into working for the Department of Defense, as an Arum he has a much better ability of keeping the Luxen in line then the D.O.D. When he's told his next assignment was to "babysit" Serena, he was unimpressed to say the least.

 I really enjoyed reading this book and the connection it has to the books in the Luxen series. There was a brief crossover moment with a character from the series (I won't say who) and it was definitely an awesome moment. My fist thoughts about Obsession was that weren't we taught from the Luxen series that the Arum were the bad guys? But in this story the Luxen are the baddies, what the huh? Whatever, I love Hunter and no ones going to make me feel any different.

  This book was super steamy and left just the right amount to the imagination. Serena's character was determined, tough and still feminine. I loved how she handled the frightening new world her eyes were opened to and still risked her safety to do the right thing and try and stop the madness that upheaved her life.

 What can I say about Hunter except that he is now the number one alien I would want by my side (sorry Daemon) like it says in the book, Hunter just has that kind of dark sex appeal that could make good girls do bad, bad things. He also has one hell of a potty mouth - loved it. I most definitely hope that there is going to be more of him and his back story in a future book.

 So all and all this was a great book, there was tons of romance and a exciting storyline. Watching both of the leads relationship grow was the most exciting part of the story for me. My only complaint would be that I wish there was more written about the big secret and that it was a little bit longer.
 So I give this a 3 1/2 out of 5 stars.
✯✯✯

Would I read it again? Yes.

* This book contains mature content and should not be intended for a younger audience.

Buy it here

Amazon.com

Places your can find the author

  Website | Twitter| Facebook






No comments:

Post a Comment