Quotable Thursdays is a meme created here at Mo_Books where you pick a quote or two from a great book ( be careful not to choose spoilers ) and explain why you like them.
My pick this week is:
Requiem (Delirium, #3) by Lauren Oliver
Quotes
“Amor deliria nervosa: It affects your mind so that you cannot think clearly, or make rational decisions about your own well-being.”
“And you can't love, not fully, unless you are loved in return.”
Why I like them
The first quote I found to be quite the thinker and the premise behind it is the whole reason I picked up the first book in the series to begin with. You really can argue about whether love could be considered a disease or not. So that's why I felt that the plot could be believable.
The second quote also made me think about whether or not a person can grown up to become a normal loving and caring adult if they weren't shown any love growing up. We get to start out with the love of our parents helping shape us into the people we will become but the children in this story are denied that right because love is considered unhealthy.
If these quotes have grabbed your interest add it to Goodreads
or buy it here Chapters/Indigo
And as always, thanks for reading.

Love these quotes!
ReplyDelete:D thanks for checking out my Quotable Thursday Eveline.
ReplyDelete