After The Ending (The Ending Series, #1) by Lindsey Fairleigh & Lindsey Pogue
Release date - February 14th 2013
Published by L2 Books
Ebook, 478 pages
Source - NetGalley
Add it to Goodreads
Description (from Goodreads)
The first book in a new Post-apocalyptic Romance series.
The Virus spread. Billions died. The Ending began. We may have survived the apocalypse, but the Virus changed us.
When people started getting sick, “they” thought it was just the flu. My roommate, my boyfriend, my family…they’re all gone now. I got sick too. I should have died with them—with the rest of the world—but I didn’t. I thought witnessing the human population almost disappear off the face of the earth was the craziest thing I’d ever experience. I was so wrong. My name is Dani O’Connor, I’m twenty-six-years-old, and I survived The Ending.
The Virus changed everything. The world I knew is gone, and life is backwards. We’ve all had to start over. I’ve been stripped of my home, my dreams…all that is me. I’m someone else now—broken and changed. Other survivors’ memories and emotions haunt me. They invade my mind until I can no longer separate them from my own. I won’t let them consume me. I can’t. My name is Zoe Cartwright, I’m twenty-six-years-old, and I survived The Ending.
We’ve been inseparable for most of our lives, and now our friendship is all we have left. The aftermath of the Virus has stranded us on opposite sides of the United States. Trusting strangers, making sacrifices, killing—we’ll do anything to reach one another. Fear and pain may be unavoidable, but we’re strong…we’re survivors. But to continue surviving in this unfamiliar world plagued by Crazies and strange new abilities, we have to adapt. We have to evolve.
And more than anything, we have to find each other.
THIS BOOK CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT AND LANGUAGE.
The synopsis for this book totally hooked me, it sounds fantastic and I think I'm really going to like it. I also really like the cover.
Follow the White Rabbit by Madness #1) by Kellie Sheridan Release date - May 21st 2013
Published by Patchwork Press
ebook, 100 pages
Source - NetGalley
Add it to Goodreads
Description (from Goodreads)
For centuries, Wonderland thrived as the domain of beautiful bedlam and unapologetic madness. It was a place like no other. All it took was one girl slipping in through the cracks of the universe to start chaos spiraling toward order. In the 150 years since Alice’s visit, the realm has become tainted—almost normal. Rabbits in waistcoats and playing card minions are little more than creatures of myth, and Wonderland is literally falling to pieces.
For Gwen, Rose, and Lucky, Wonderland is home, and yet they know little of its former glory. When the Alice prophecy resurfaces, they’ll have one chance to use Wonderland’s own legends to bring a little mayhem back into their reality. For she who controls Alice controls the fate of Wonderland.
I have always been a big fan of Alice in wonderland and I love re-tellings of classic stories. So even though this is a short story, I'm hoping that I'm really going to like it.
So those are my new treasures for the week, now I just need to find the time to read them. What new treasures did you get this week? Drop me a line and share them with me. As always people, thanks so much for reading :-)



Follow the white rabbit is really entertaining wonderful start of the series!
ReplyDeleteI'm glad to hear that Irene, thanks for the comment.
Delete