-->

Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Review - Follow the White Rabbit by Kellie Sheridan




Follow the White Rabbit (Beautiful Madness #1) by Kellie Sheridan
Release date - May 21st 2013
Published  by Patchwork Press
ebook, 100 pages
Source - NetGalley
Add it to Goodreads

Description (from Goodreads)

For centuries, Wonderland thrived as the domain of beautiful bedlam and unapologetic madness. It was a place like no other. All it took was one girl slipping in through the cracks of the universe to start chaos spiraling toward order. In the 150 years since Alice’s visit, the realm has become tainted—almost normal. Rabbits in waistcoats and playing card minions are little more than creatures of myth, and Wonderland is literally falling to pieces.

For Gwen, Rose, and Lucky, Wonderland is home, and yet they know little of its former glory. When the Alice prophecy resurfaces, they’ll have one chance to use Wonderland’s own legends to bring a little mayhem back into their reality. For she who controls Alice controls the fate of Wonderland.







My Review

I received a copy of this book via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review

 Wonderland is now only a mere shadow compared to the former glory it once possessed before that first fated trip from Alice over a century before. Gwen has been studying the history books and learning as much as she can about the old Wonderland because she can feel a change coming to her homeland.

 Gwen is not alone in felling this way, Rose has also been seeing signs that Alice could be on her way back to Wonderland. They work together to find a way to bring Alice to their home and that's when Lucky is discovered. She's the key to restoring Wonderland to the way it once was and Lucky has no clue.

 I thought this book was a excellent start to this series. It was short but still managed to give me a full story suited for a prequel. I enjoyed each of the characters and the plot for the story itself which was predicting and preparing for Alice's arrival in Wonderland. Each of the main characters will shadow a character from the classic story of Alice in Wonderland starting with Lucky playing the role of the White Rabbit.

 I have always been a big fan of Alice in Wonderland and I love re-tellings of fairy tales so I not surprised that I fell in love with the story very early on. Gwen, for me, was the glue that held the story together. While Rose was aware that Alice was coming its Gwen that knows that Alice is going to usher on a change that could dethrone the Red Queen and return the wonder to Wonderland.

 I give this story a 4 out of 5 stars and eagerly await the next installment.
✯ ✯ ✯ ✯
Would I read it again? No

Buy it here:

Amazon | Chapters/Indigo


Places you can find the author
 Links

 Website | Twitter | Facebook | Goodreads




2 comments:

  1. This looks quite interesting! I'm quite fond of Wonderland and I am always fascinated by various takes on it. Might check it out! :)
    Cool blog! & I now follow via GFC & Bloglovin'.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its a great book, I'm glad I gave it a chance. Thanks so much for the follow and the comment :D

      Delete