-->

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday, #2 - Beach Reads



 Top Ten Tuesday is hosted over at The Broke and the Bookish, The Broke and the Bookish and this week is Top Ten Beach Reads and how I define a book great for the beach.

 These are books that I have read and have extremely enjoyed. If I'm  soaking up the sun and laying in the warm sand at the beach (or lake) I want to read something that is fast paced, keeps my interest peaked and isn't too long. That's all, it doesn't need to have a theme or be set in a certain place, it just needs to be good and exciting.

 This is a list of books that I would recommend to keep you from taking an afternoon siesta in the warm sun, starting with my favourite and working downs from there. Some of these books will have links to my review but four of the books are ones I've read before I started reviewing.



Taking on the dead (The Famished trilogy ,#1) by Annie Walls
Release date -  September 20th 2012
Ebook, 312 pages
Add it to Goodreads
 My Review





Across the Universe (Across the Universe, #1) by Beth Revis
Release date - January 11th 2011
Paperback, 416 pages
Add it to Goodreads
 My Review





KIYA: Hope of the Pharaoh by Katie Hamstead 
Release date - April 30th 2013
Ebook, 257 pages
Add it to Goodreads
 My Review






The Maze Runner (Maze Runner, #1) by James Dashner
Release date - October 6th 2009
ebook, 331 pages
Add it to Goodreads






The Lost Hero by Rick Riordan
Release date -  October 12th 2010
Hardcover, 557 pages
Add it to Goodreads







Cinder (Lunar Chronicles, #1)by Marissa Meyer
Release date - January 3rd 2012
Paperback, 390 pages
Add it to Goodreads







Origin by Jessica Khoury
Release date - September 4th 2012
Hardcover, 394 pages
Add it to Goodreads
 My Review






Erasing Time (Erasing Time, #1) by C. J. Hill
Released date - August 28th 2012
Hardcover, 368 pages
Add it to Goodreads
 My Review






Divergent (Divergent,#1) by Veronica Roth
Release date - February 28th 2012
Paperback, 487 pages
Add it to Goodreads



Tiger Lily by Jodi Lynn Anderson
Release date - July 3rd 2012
Ebook- 209 pages
Add it to Goodreads
 My Review





 The majority of these books are series and I recommend all of them. Hopefully this list has given you some great ideas for your own beach reads. If you have a beach read to share please leave a comment I would love to hear from you. As always thanks for reading.










8 comments:

  1. Great list! Love all the books on your list:)

    My TTT:
    evelinesbooks.blogspot.nl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thx Eveline, I visited your TTT post and saw some books to add to my summer TBR.... its getting huge lol

      Delete
  2. Taking on the Dead just went on my to-read list! It sounds like a great read.
    My Top Ten

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its fantastic! Kansas is awesome and Rudy *swoon* kicks ass. Totally team Rudy here :-) hope you enjoy it.

      Delete
  3. Great list! I've been wanting to read Origin for some time!

    My TTT- http://angelica-2009.blogspot.com/2013/06/top-ten-tuesday-8.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Angelica. You should definitely give Origin a try, its a wonderful story.

      Delete
  4. Cinder and Tiger Lily would definitely make the top of my list!
    Great picks! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you liked my choices Daniela :D thanks for leaving a comment

      Delete