-->

Friday, January 17, 2014

Blog Tour (Review) + Giveaway - Witch Fall by Amber Argyle





 Today I am happy to share with you my stop on the Witch Fall blog tour hosted by Xpresso Reads Book Tours. I will be including my review and there will be two chances to win books in the Witch Song series. Let's get started.





Witch Fall by Amber Argyle
(Witch Song #3 (Prequel))
Publication date: October 24th 2013
Genres: Paranormal, Young Adult
Add it to Goodreads
Purchase it here:
Amazon |  Barnes & Noble

Synopsis:  

           All things fall.                                  
                 Even Witches.  

   Supreme in their dominion over seasons, storms, and sea, the Witches have forgotten the unmatched destructiveness of mankind. And among the weapons men seek are the magical songs of the Witches.                                 
Lilette is one of the few who see the decadence and decay weakening the Witches. As an outsider amid her own kind, can she help them survive the coming war?                                                                                                                  






My Review

I received a copy of this book from the author in exchange for an honest review.

 At a young age Lilette  was at the center of a murder plot, one that wiped out her family. Taken in by a kind man, he made Lilette promise never to sing, fearing that through the magic in her voice the people trying to do her harm would once again find her. For many years Lilette kept her voice at bay. Then one day she sang and she was found.

 Witch Fall was a magical and mysterious novel which I enjoyed reading. I liked that the witches power came from their voices in the form of songs. I don't believe I have read a story where witches needed to sing songs to cast spells that control nature. I thought this was a wonderful idea.

 I liked Lilette and Han's characters and the history the two share from their childhood which left its mark on both of them. I enjoyed watching these two find the affection that they had once felt for each other again.

 Chen was definitely a scary and fierce warrior but I just couldn't bring myself to completely hate him. I also enjoyed Jolin's character. I actually think I would consider her to be my favourite. She was a very talented witch with a high level of intelligence when it came to plants and potions. In her attempt to have her work recognized she may have done things that she should have asked questions about first instead of being so blinded by her own ambitions. I loved the wise inscriptions on the new chapter pages by Join. There was more then one that I had to choose from for my favourite quote.

 In closing I would like to say that I liked this book. I thought that the plot was interesting and I enjoyed getting to know the characters. There was more then one twist in Witch Fall and even though its the third novel in the series it is the prequel so you don't need to read the other books first.

I give this a 3 ½ out of 5 stars.
✯ ✯ ✯ ½




 I have 2 giveaways for you today! The first is 1 ebook of Witch Fall by Amber Argyle. This giveaway is international. Good luck :-)


a Rafflecopter giveaway


The second giveaway is signed copies of Witch Song, Witch Born, and Witch Fall (US only). Good luck :-)






a Rafflecopter giveaway

Also you can download an ecopy of Witch Song, book #1, completely free on Amazon! Just click Here

You can find more chances to win if you check out the other stops on the tour. Here's a link  http://xpressobooktours.




A little something about Amber

Amber Argyle is the author of Witch Song and Fairy Queen trilogies. She grew up with three brothers on a cattle ranch in the Rocky Mountains. She spent hours riding horses, roaming the mountains, and playing in her family’s creepy barn. This environment fueled her imagination for writing high fantasy. She has worked as a short order cook, janitor, and staff member in a mental institution. All of which has given her great insight into the human condition and has made for some unique characters. She received her bachelor’s degree in English and Physical Education from Utah State University. She currently resides in Utah with her husband and three small children.

Places you can find the author

Website | Goodreads | Facebook | Twitter



6 comments:

  1. This sounds like a pretty unique read I love the witch aspect! Great review! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for stopping by Giselle and for your comment :-D

      Delete
  2. Jolin's my favorite too! She's inspired by Sheldon Cooper from The Big Bang Theory. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for sharing that Amber. I can absolutely see it now :-D

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG How beautiful are the covers to these books?!?! I just ordered the free copy of Witch Song on Amazon. Thank you so much for sharing! I can't wait to start reading!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete