-->

Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Waiting on Wednesday - The Book of Life by Deborah Harkness



 Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by  Breaking the Spine showcasing upcoming books that we are waiting, often impatiently, to be released.

My WoW pick this week is....





The Book of Life (All Souls Trilogy #3) by Deborah Harkness
Expected Release date - July 15th 2014
Published by Viking Adult
Hardcover, 592 pages
Add it to Goodreads


Description (from Goodreads)

The highly anticipated finale to the #1 New York Times bestselling trilogy that began with A Discovery of Witches.

After traveling through time in Shadow of Night, the second book in Deborah Harkness’s enchant­ing series, historian and witch Diana Bishop and vampire scientist Matthew Clairmont return to the present to face new crises and old enemies. At Matthew’s ancestral home at Sept-Tours, they re­unite with the cast of characters from A Discovery of Witches—with one significant exception. But the real threat to their future has yet to be revealed, and when it is, the search for Ashmole 782 and its miss­ing pages takes on even more urgency. In the tril­ogy’s final volume, Harkness deepens her themes of power and passion, family and caring, past deeds and their present consequences. In ancestral homes and university laboratories, using ancient knowl­edge and modern science, from the hills of the Auvergne to the palaces of Venice and beyond, the couple at last learn what the witches discovered so many centuries ago.

With more than one million copies sold in the United States and appearing in thirty-eight foreign editions and translations, A Discovery of Witches and Shadow of Night have landed on all of the major bestseller lists and garnered rave reviews from countless publications. Eagerly awaited by Harkness’s legion of fans, The Book of Life brings this superbly written series to a deeply satisfying close.



Why I want to read it

 I have been following Diana and Mathew's entrancing story ever since the Discovery of Witches was released. I've watched the story's protagonists relationship grow to surprising heights and I can't wait to finally be able to see how their story ends.



What books are you waiting on? If you have a WoW pick of your own please share the link.




8 comments:

  1. WHAT!!!! I didn't know Discovery of Witches was a series!! It's been on my TBR list for far too long now! I really need to read it asap! Thanks for sharing!! xoxo

    check out my book here: http://bookhangoversbb.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought it was a superb story Michelle, I hope you enjoy it. Thanks for stopping by

      Delete
  2. I think this is the last one and I can't wait for it!!

    Katelynn
    www.literarychameleon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes this is the last book :-) thanks for commenting Katelynn

      Delete
  3. This series has been on my TBR list for ages, I really need to get around to reading it, especially now that the last book has come out!
    Thanks for stopping by my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your welcome Sofia! I love finding new books for my TBR. Thanks for your comment.

      Delete
  4. I haven't heard of this series before. I don't know how I missed it.
    I have to add this to my list right now!! Thanks so much :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG. Yes! I picked up book one randomly and fell in love with this series. The wait for the final book is killing me.

    Once Upon A Dream Books

    ReplyDelete