-->

Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Review - Unchained by J. Lynn



Unchained (Nephilim Rising #1) by J. Lynn aka Jennifer L. Armentrout
Release date - September 17th 2013
Published by Entangled
Ebook, 269 pages
Add it to Goodreads


Description (from Goodreads)

Between the pissed off creatures that want demon-hunter Lily Marks dead and the fallen angel who just...wants her, Lily is about ready to trade in forever for a comfy job in a cubicle farm.

The fact that she and Julian are civil to one another is enough to have her thrown out of the Sanctuary, but she can't shake her not-so-angelic stalker or how he brings her dangerously close to ecstasy.

Her forbidden relationship with Julian provides the perfect fuel for suspicion when a traitor is discovered to be working within the Sanctuary. Lily quickly finds herself hunted by well, everyone.

Her only hope is to discover the real traitor before she loses everything--and she'll need Julian's help. That is, if Julian is really there to help her...and not destroy her.

Yeah, being a Nephilim isn't everything it's cracked up to be.


My Review


 Lily is a contracted assassin for the Sanctuary. Its her job to slay the minions and other evil doers from her Nephilim world, especially the Fallen. She's been taught her whole life that the Fallen are pure evil and cause chaos wherever they go. So far she know this as the truth .....except for one.

 I really enjoyed exploring J. Lynn aka Jennifer Armentrout's version of the Nephilim world. I was very intrigued with what was so special about the newest edition to their flock Michael. I thought his character was fantastic and I loved his police officer instincts as well as his many attempts at making friends with Lily, even though she always seems to be kicking his butt. He handled his training with a lot of determination and wouldn't stop until he got it right, I loved that. My only complaint about this sexy cop was that there wasn't enough of him. I would have rather heard more of his story then Lily's.

 Lily was a serious bad ass. So much so that if she was real she would most likely give off the mean vibe and I most people would never approach her. As much as I did love the story, I didn't really like Lily. She grew up under the watchful eye of the sanctuary and never questioned anything she was taught, that is until she fell for someone that just talking to was forbidden. Julian wasn't like the other fallen and he began to make her think of the possibly of a life with him.

 I liked the romance between Lily and Julian, but maybe there could have been a little more plot and a little less sex. I really would have liked to explored more on what Asmodeus, the very powerful Fallen angel, was up to. This book had a thrilling story line, some surprises and a lot of sensuality. I had originally rated this book as 3 1/2 stars but after a day or so I found that the story had stayed with me and I realized I liked it more then I originally thought. Has that ever happened to you before?

I give Unchained a 4 out of 5 stars.
✯ ✯ ✯ ✯ 



No comments:

Post a Comment