Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Breaking the Spine showcasing upcoming books that we are waiting, often impatiently, to be released.
My WoW pick this week is....
The Taking (The Taking, #1) by Kimberly Derting
Expected Release date - April 29th 2014
Published by Harper Teen
Hardcover, 368 pages
Add it to Goodreads
Description (from Goodreads)
When sixteen-year-old Kyra Agnew wakes up behind a Dumpster at the Gas ’n’ Sip, she has no memory of how she got there. With a terrible headache and a major case of déjà vu, she heads home only to discover that five years have passed . . . yet she hasn’t aged a day.
Everything else about Kyra’s old life is different. Her parents are divorced, her boyfriend, Austin, is in college and dating her best friend, and her dad has changed from an uptight neat-freak to a drunken conspiracy theorist who blames her five-year disappearance on little green men.
Confused and lost, Kyra isn’t sure how to move forward unless she uncovers the truth. With Austin gone, she turns to Tyler, Austin’s annoying kid brother, who is now seventeen and who she has a sudden undeniable attraction to. As Tyler and Kyra retrace her steps from the fateful night of her disappearance, they discover strange phenomena that no one can explain, and they begin to wonder if Kyra’s father is not as crazy as he seems. There are others like her who have been taken . . . and returned. Kyra races to find an explanation and reclaim the life she once had, but what if the life she wants back is not her own?
Why I want to read it
I discovered this book while looking through the lists on Goodreads, I instantly was drawn into it. First by the cover (I love it!), then by the great description. I think I will really like this story, and I might even just get a little creeped out.
What books are you waiting on? If you have a WoW pick of your own please share the link.
I think I saw this one on Goodreads recently too. I"m not sure what to think. The Tyler thing sounds a little weird. She remembers him as a 12 year old.
ReplyDeleteIt think it might be really good. Hopefully it doesn't freak me out though. Things about alien abductions tend to make me need to sleep with a nightlight.
DeleteI've had this on my tbr since last year. I'm really looking forward to it! Awesome pick
ReplyDeleteHere's WoW
Doris @ OABR
Thanks Doris, I hope you enjoy it :-D thanks for leaving a comment.
ReplyDelete