-->

Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Review - Glitches by Marissa Meyer



Glitches (Lunar Chronicles #, 0.5)
by Marissa Meyer
Release date - December 5th 2011
ebook, Free Edition, 32 pages
Read it for free - Authors wattpad
Add it to Goodreads


Description (from Goodreads)

Cinder, a gifted mechanic, is a cyborg. She’s a second-class citizen with a mysterious past, reviled by her stepmother and blamed for her stepsister’s illness. In Glitches, a short prequel story to Cinder, we see the results of that illness play out, and the emotional toll that takes on Cinder. Something that may, or may not, be a glitch...

* Also appears in the 2012 anthology, The Fierce Reads Anthology.


Quote

“You won’t have to worry about me, then. I don’t think I can cry anymore.” She hesitated. “Maybe I never could.”
“Is that so? How peculiar. Perhaps it’s a programming glitch.”
She stared down into Iko’s single sensor. “A programming glitch.”
“Sure. You have programming, don’t you?” She lifted a spindly arm and gestured toward Cinder’s steel prosthetic. “I have a glitch, too. Sometimes I forget that I’m not human. I don’t think that happens to most androids.”

- Cinder & Iko
My Review


 I pleasantly came across this novella and thought it would be a great way to satisfy the huge itch I've had waiting for Cress to be released. I'm so glad I discovered it. This story takes place directly after Cinder has healed from her injuries and was getting to know her new cyborg functions as well as her new family.

 I loved reading about the scared and vulnerable child Cinder was. Garan was a nice man but it must have been a terrifying journey she made from Europe to New Beijing, which she now calls home. I felt so sad for her. The fear she felt from her loss of memories and the pain from her body adjusting to her new parts was a lot to handle alone. I was glad that she always had a friend in Peony, it really strengthened the love that I already had for Peony's character. I also need to mention that my favourite character was Iko, I have loved this sweet android throughout the entire series and this book was no different.

 If you're a fan of Cinder and Scarlet, books #1 & 2 of the Lunar Chronicles, then Glitches is a must read.

I give this a 4 out of 5 stars.
✯ ✯ ✯ ✯ 



2 comments:

  1. This is really making me want to read the Lunar Chronicles more and more. Do you suggest that I read this prequel before the first book, or would I understand it more if I read it after?

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you like fairytale retellings mixed with some science fiction I would highly recommend this series. You don't need to read Glitches first, its something that sheds a little light on Cinders first days in her new home and I think the reason I liked it so much is because I read Cinder beforehand and already got to know her character. Thanks for your comment Val :-)

    ReplyDelete