Since we are into a new year I wanted to try and set a few reading goals and participate in some challenges. I've decided to continue on with some old challenges and join in on something new. These are the challenges I've signed up for in 2014.
Goodreads
I pledged to read 65 books this year, it also happens to be the same number that I set for last year. Since I struggled a little last year to actually read that many books I kept it the same in the hopes that it will be easier this year.
50 Book Pledge
I did this one last year as well. I love the badges that you can earn and its a super easy way to keep track of the books I've read. I pledged to read 65 books the same as I did for the Goodreads challenge. Sign up for it here: http://www.50bookpledge.ca
2014 Netgalley & Edelweiss Reading Challenge
I saw this challenge on another bloggers post and immediately wanted to sign up. I thought this would be a great way to get my stats on NetGalley up and finally get around to reading the books I have been approved for. The goal I set for myself was Silver - 25 books.
Here is how this challenge works
This challenge will run from Jan 1, 2014 – Dec 31, 2014.
Anyone is welcome to join. You do not need to be a blogger, just post your reviews and come back every month to link them up.
Any genre, release date, request date, length, etc. counts so long as it came from Edelweiss or Netgalley.
At the beginning of each month there will be a roundup post for you to add your reviews.
If you forget to link up one month it's not a problem just add your reviews next month.
If you would like to move up or down levels that is completely fine and at your discretion
Throughout the year there will be giveaways for Challenge participants, make sure to check in regularly and follow Falling for YA so you don't miss any!
Levels
Aluminum – 5 books
Bronze – 10 books
Silver – 25 books
Gold – 50 books
Platinum – 75 books
Diamond– 100 books
These are the reading challenges I set for myself in 2014. Do you set reading goals? If so what are they? I might decide to sign up for another one.




No comments:
Post a Comment