-->

Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Waiting on Wednesday - Branded by Katie Hamstead



Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by  Breaking the Spine showcasing upcoming books that we are waiting, often impatiently, to be released.

My WoW pick this week is....





Branded
by Katie Hamstead
Expected Release date - February 5th 2014
Published by Soul Mate Publishing
Add it to Goodreads


Description (from Goodreads)

Terrorists have invaded Sydney, and Allison King barely escapes her brother’s wedding reception alive. She and her siblings flee, but their parents are killed by firing squad. Now Ali’s on the run and terrified. While searching for other survivors, she is captured by the General who leads the invasion. He’s smitten by Ali, and when she refuses to submit to his whims, he brands her for death. In a wild act of defiance, she snatches the branding rod and sears the mark onto his face. Marking not only him but also sealing her fate. Ali manages to escape and flees into the bush once more where she finds a group in hiding. Even with the scars left by the General, Ali learns to love and falls in love with the young man who found her—Damien Rogers. But the General is hunting her. When he discovers their location, and finds her with another man—Damien—his wrath is kindled and his obsession is inflamed. Ali must put herself on the line or the General could kill her family, those who help her, and most significantly, the man she loves.



Why I want to read it

  So far I have loved both of the novels that I read by Katie Hamstead and I would like to read another one of books. Branded is a little outside of the genres that I normally read but I want to give it a try.



What books are you waiting on? If you have a WoW pick of your own please share the link.




10 comments:

  1. Another WOW :)
    I love showcasing our most anticipated books ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. This book looks fantastic. I have to add it to my TBR
    Here's my Waiting on Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting my WoW Aneta :-)

      Delete
  3. Great pick! I've never heard of it, but it looks cool. Can't wait to see your review on it. :)
    -Indigo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey wow! I got a huge shock scrolling through my blogger feed and seeing this! Thanks, Monique. Now I'm nervous about it disappointing...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you like my pick this week Katie ;-) I have faith that it will be a thrilling story. Thanks for your comment.

      Delete
  5. Haven't heard of this one. Hope you can stop by mine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for stopping by :-)

      Delete
  6. WoW is such a great way to find new reading material. Thanks for commenting Michelle.

    ReplyDelete