-->

Friday, July 19, 2013

Book Blogger Hop, #4 - July 19th - 25th




The Book Blogger Hop is hosted over at Ramblings of a Coffee Addicted Writer. The hop's purpose is to give bloggers a chance to follow other blogs, learn about new books, befriend other bloggers, and receive new followers to your own blog.


Here's what you do

1.) Post on your blog answering this weeks designated question. ( Click here to find next weeks question )

2.) Enter the link to your post in the Linky list on the Ramblings of a Coffee-Addicted Writer's blog

3.) Visit other blogs on the list and comment on their posts.

4.) Be sure to find out next week's question when you post your link

Question


What is your favorite classic novel?


My Answer



 Classics aren't really my thing. As I've said before in my Top Ten books that intimidate me post I'm slightly afraid to read them and not like them. However when I was in school I was made to read Animal Farm by George Orwell and I really liked it. It was the first dystopian book that I ever read and I still remember the scene with the poor horse that discovered what happened to those of his kind when they went to the glue factory.



Please feel free to share your own answers with me and as always, thanks for reading and Happy Hopping :-)





16 comments:

  1. I understand why classics could be intimidating. I used to feel like that when I was younger. Now, I adore classics. I don't get to read them often but I've been fortunate enough to like the ones I do read.

    My Friday Hops

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do hope to try and read some classics sometime in the future. Thanks for your comment.

      Delete
  2. Classics can indeed be intimidating....I tried to read "Anna Karenina" about a year ago, and couldn't finish it. I thought it was just toooo long! At times if seemed as if I was reading a nonfiction book, instead of a novel, because Tolstoy interspersed his narrative with long passages related to other topics. I didn't like the subject matter -- infidelity -- either, though. I haven't gone back to try to finish reading this book. Maybe I will, at some point in the future, since I hate leaving a book in the middle....

    As for "Animal Farm", I remember reading it in high school, and thought it was a brilliant piece of satire! It shows just how subtly -- and hypocritically -- Communist regimes work. It all seems great on paper, but when it's carried out in real life, it just isn't the same!

    Great choice!! Happy Friday!! : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your wonderful comment Maria and for sharing your thoughts :-)

      Delete
  3. If you like Animal Farm, you've really got to try 1984. It's so gritty and awesome!
    Happy Friday!
    Mei @ Diary of a Fair Weather Diver

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 1984 is on the list of classics I would like to try one day. Thanks for stopping by and sharing your link Me :-)

      Delete
  4. I remember being required to read Animal Farm too.

    My favorite classic is Rebecca. I do like To Kill A Mockingbird as well.

    Happy Hopping!!

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My Blog Hop Answer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks foe sharing your favorite classics, I don't think I've ever heard of Rebecca.

      Delete
  5. I actually recently read Animal Farm for the first time and it absolutely floored me. As Maria pointed out above, it's a brilliant piece of satire. Great pick!

    Glad to have found you on the Blog Hop!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jason :-) I'm so happy that I discovered the BBH and get to meet great new bloggers like you. Thanks for your comment.

      Delete
  6. I really liked Animal Farm too. It was one of the best books I read in high school.

    Kimberly @ Once Upon a YA Book

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you Kimberly, I never quite connected with any other assigned book like I did Animal Farm. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  7. I'm also someone who feels somewhat intimidated by classics. Especially when I look at ones such as Les Miserable, and it's hefty size lol.

    I haven't read Animal Farm, but it is one of the few classics that is on my TBR shelf.

    Anyway thanks for stopping by my blog. Hope you have a good weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment Elle :-) I look forward to checking out your answer for the next question.

      Delete
  8. LOVE LOVE LOVE Animal Farm. You should see my site, 1984 was my classic of choice. :)

    I can totally understand why you are hesitant to read them. It makes total sense.

    Check out my post here http://ashleynemer.blogspot.com/2013/07/book-blogger-take-11.html

    New Bloglovin Follower

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 1984 is a book I keep seeing pop up in other people's answers. I think I will keep it in mind if I brave up and try to read another classic lol. Thanks for sharing.

      Delete