-->

Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday, #9 - Resist by Sarah Crossan




Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by  Breaking the Spine  showcasing upcoming books that we are waiting, often impatiently, to be released.

My WoW pick this week is....






Resist (Breathe #2) by Sarah Crossan
Expected release date - October 8th 2013
Published by Greenwillow Books
Hardcover, 400 pages
Add it to Goodreads



Description (from Goodreads)

The sequel—and conclusion—to Sarah Crossan's Breathe. Three teen outlaws must survive on their own in a world without air, exiled outside the glass dome that protects what's left of human civilization. Gripping action, provocative ideas, and shocking revelations in a dystopian novel that fans of Patrick Ness and Veronica Roth will devour.

Bea, Alina, and Quinn are on the run. They started a rebellion and were thrown out of the pod, the only place where there's enough oxygen to breathe. Bea has lost her family. Alina has lost her home. And Quinn has lost his privileged life. Can they survive in the perilous Outlands? Can they finish the revolution they began? Especially when a young operative from the pod's Special Forces is sent after them. Their only chance is to stand together, even when terrible circumstances force them apart. When the future of human society is in danger, these four teens must decide where their allegiances lie. Sarah Crossan has created a dangerous, and shattered society in this wrenching, thought-provoking, and unforgettable post-apocalyptic novel.




Why I want to read it

 I was immediately sucked into Breathe, the first book in this series. I found a world without trees and plant life an incredibly original story plot. Quinn, Bea and Alina were all great characters and I felt their pain from living in the barren world. One book was definitely not enough, I need to know what happens next right now! But alas it doesn't get released until October so the torture of waiting will have to continue.


 What books are you waiting on? If you have a WoW pick of your own please share the link.



If you want to check it out

Breathe by Sarah Crossan
(My Review)




16 comments:

  1. I was kind of so-so on BREATHE, but I'm invested enough in the series now to want to read on. Great choice this week, Monique! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I instantly connected with Breathe because I'm suck a tree lover. A world without them is horrifying to me. Thanks for visiting my wow pick this week.

      Delete
  2. Ah the wonderful pain of waiting on a sequel! :-) Cool pick.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know eh! Thanks for stopping by :-)

      Delete
  3. Oh I haven't heard much about this series, but I'm glad you think it's good. I might pick it up! :) Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :D I hope you like it as much as I did Erica :-) thanks so much for leaving a comment.

      Delete
  4. See, I really didn't like Breathe sadly, so I don't want to read this - but I hope you like it :D

    Check out my WoW here and don't forget to enter my second blogaversary giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  5. If everyone all liked the same things the world would be a boring place. Sorry you didn't like it and thanks for stopping by and sharing your WoW pick

    ReplyDelete
  6. Man, I really need to read Breathe! It's on my TBR list, and I've been wanting to read it. Love your pick. :)

    Thanks for stopping by my WOW. :)

    Holly @ Part of that World

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its a for sure great pick for dystopian fans and a thinker for nature lovers, at least it was for me. Thanks for your comment :D

      Delete
  7. I still haven't read BREATHE, but I love the covers. They're both on my wishlist! Great pick ;)

    Stop by my WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love both of the covers. They really have that dystopian feel to them, thanks for stopping by :-)

      Delete
  8. Ooh, I haven't read Breathe yet, I'm going to have to add it to my to-read list now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really hope you like Breathe and get just as excited as I am about Resist. Thanks so much for leaving a comment :-)

      Delete
  9. It's such a gorgeous cover. The Breathe series is one that I would want to get in hardcover just so I can look at them.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I agree with you Kaitlin. I really like that lone poppy growing up through the arid, cracked earth. Just a slight change from Breathe but shows that things are changing. Thanks for stopping by :-)

    ReplyDelete