-->

Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday, #8 - Best Beginnings/ Endings




 Top Ten Tuesday is hosted over at  The Broke and the Bookish and for this weeks TTT here is my list of Favorite Beginnings/ Endings. I could only come up with six but I'm sure that after I post this I will remember others.


Beginnings



 Erasing Time by C. J. Hill

 This book starts out immediately with twin sisters being transported into the distant future. Jumping strait into the story with no 'beating around the bush' is a sure fire way of getting me to read more.






 Steelheart by Brandon Sanderson

 The opening prologue was fantastic! and from there on the story only got better. I'm excited for the September 24th release date so everyone will know what I'm talking about.







Across the Universe by Beth Revis

 The beginning of this novel introduces us to Amy and her family. They are all waiting to be cryogenically frozen for a 300 year sleep as they travel through space, all to explore a new habitable planet.






 Endings





Clockwork Princess by Cassandra Clare

 Some people didn't like the way things ended and some loved them, but one thing everyone had in common was that they cried like little babies. I LOVED the ending and thought it was perfect, I may start to cry again just thinking about it.





The Green Mile by Stephen King

 I really liked this book and I still think of it every once in a while and the part that I reminisce about is the ending.





The Time Travelers Wife by Audrey Niffenegger

 Its no secret that I'm a big fan of this book. One of the main reasons I loved it was because of the perfect epilogue at the end. I still get warm fuzzy feelings just thinking about it.



What's your Top Ten this week? Share you link below and leave a comment :-)  As always, thanks for reading.


4 comments:

  1. Great list! I loved Clockwork Princess' ending, bittersweet:) Thanks for stopping by.

    My Top Ten @ Eveline's Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment Eveline :-) I always like hearing from you.

      Delete
  2. The end of Clockwork Princess seems to have broken everyone's hearts. I haven't read the book, but I love it when a conclusion makes you emotional.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well then you won't be disappointed with Clockwork Princess, it left me with a lasting effect. Thanks for stopping by

      Delete