Under the Never Sky (Under the Never Sky #1) by Veronica Rossi
Release date - January 3rd 2012
Published by Atom
Paperback, 374 pages
Add it to Goodreads
Description (from Goodreads)
WORLDS KEPT THEM APART.
DESTINY BROUGHT THEM TOGETHER.
Aria has lived her whole life in the protected dome of Reverie. Her entire world confined to its spaces, she's never thought to dream of what lies beyond its doors. So when her mother goes missing, Aria knows her chances of surviving in the outer wasteland long enough to find her are slim.
Then Aria meets an outsider named Perry. He's searching for someone too. He's also wild - a savage - but might be her best hope at staying alive
.
If they can survive, they are each other's best hope for finding answers.
Quotes
“Why ate you looking at me like that?” she asked
“Your scent”
Her lower lip quivered. “You drink from a rabbit and you think I smell”- Aria &Perry
“A world of nevers under a never sky. ”- Aria
My Review
Aria lives in Reverie , a pod that protects all of its dwellers from the dangerous Aether storms that rage all over the planet. She lives a safe and content life visiting the realms, a virtual world where anything can happen and nothing can go wrong.
When her mother leaves the pod and never comes back, Aria goes looking for information the only way she can and it comes with dire consequences. Aria finds herself outside in the death trap with no clue what to do or how to find her mother. Then she meets Perry, an outsider with a mission of his own.
Both of them will set off on a journey under the dangerous Aether sky hoping to reunite with someone that they've lost but will end up finding something they both weren't expecting.
I loved reading this story, the futuristic technology and the idea of the perfect virtual world that Aria grew up in immediately grabbed my attention. Even though this story is set in a post apocalyptic world there's not much explanation about the Aether storms. Its much more focused on the characters trying to live under the stormy skies. I adored all of the characters. They were definitely the perfect addition to the wonderful adventure, which is written with alternating points of view between Aria and Perry.
Arias determination not to give up hope of finding her mother, and her willingness to do whatever it took to do so, was amazing. Especially since she fully believed that because she was a pod dweller she would never survive life outside. She never complained when times got tough and had way with spreading a little sunshine in some gloomy times. These are some of the reasons that I like Aria so much.Perry is a member of the Tides, a tribe ruled by his brother the Blood Lord. When his nephew is kidnapped he feels responsible and leaves his tribe to search for him. I thought Perry was awesome! Even though he started out slightly snarkey, I really really liked him. He's honorable, brave and caring. Some outsiders developed special senses as a side effect from the Aether storms and Perry was one of them. He is a night seer, someone who can see perfectly in the dark, and a scire, someone that can smell tempers (emotions) so he always knows what people are really feeling.
My favorite character has to be the charismatic Roar. I really liked him and thought he would make the perfect man friend, because his heart already belongs to another. The first time he was introduced in the story when Perry called out his name, I thought Perry was trying to scare off some big animal but nope he was just shouting for his friend. I hope to read more from his character as the series continues.
The plot was enjoyable and I was always interested in what was happening. There were at least two slight surprises in this fast paced adventure and I absolutely loved the ending.
With all that said I would give this story a 4 out of 5 stars.
✯ ✯ ✯ ✯ ✯
Would I read it again? Maybe
Buy it here:
Amazon | Chapters/Indigo
Places you can find the author
Links
Website | Twitter | Blog | Facebook
Would I read it again? Maybe
Buy it here:
Amazon | Chapters/Indigo
Places you can find the author
Links
Website | Twitter | Blog | Facebook

Great review! I absolutely loved this book. The sci-fi elements, the dystopian world, the romance and characters were just amazing. Roar was my favourite character too:)
ReplyDeleteThanks Eveline :-) I love hearing that from followers, it makes my day. That's so much for stopping by and commenting.
DeleteGreat review! I've been looking for something like this for sometime, and don't get me wrong there's no shortage BUT this book intrigues in romantic side aha so thank you for that!
ReplyDeleteAnyways, i've been looking at your blog reviews and basically just posted 5 new "to-reads" on good reads!
You should come over to my blog @ http://straightfromthereadersmouth.blogspot.com
I'm a new to the blogosphere and really appreciate the followers!
Aww thanks so much Shirin, I hope you enjoy each of the books.Also thanks for the follow and welcome to the blogosphere :D I'm headed over to visit your blog right now.
ReplyDelete