-->

Thursday, July 4, 2013

Review - My Super Sweet Sixteenth Century by Rachel Harris




My Super Sweet Sixteenth Century (My Super Sweet Sixteenth Century #1) by Rachel Harris 
Release date - September 11th 2012
Published by Entangled Teen
Paperback, 260 pages
Source - Purchased
Add it to Goodreads

Description (from Goodreads)

On the precipice of her sixteenth birthday, the last thing lone wolf Cat Crawford wants is an extravagant gala thrown by her bubbly stepmother and well-meaning father. So even though Cat knows the family’s trip to Florence, Italy, is a peace offering, she embraces the magical city and all it offers. But when her curiosity leads her to an unusual gypsy tent, she exits . . . right into Renaissance Firenze.

Thrust into the sixteenth century armed with only a backpack full of contraband future items, Cat joins up with her ancestors, the sweet Alessandra and protective Cipriano, and soon falls for the gorgeous aspiring artist Lorenzo. But when the much-older Niccolo starts sniffing around, Cat realizes that an unwanted birthday party is nothing compared to an unwanted suitor full of creeptastic amore. Can she find her way back to modern times before her Italian adventure turns into an Italian forever?





My Review

 Cat Crawford is on her way to Italy, she is huge lover of art and adores the Renaissance period. So as a bribe to let her soon to be step mother throw her a  lavish sweet sixteenth birthday party, that Cat doesn't want, her dad takes her to  the place she has dreamed of seeing. During her visit she encounters an interesting gypsy tent. With the intention of having her fortune told she enters and gets an experience of a lifetime. Somehow she's magical transported back in time into the sixteenth century Italian renaissance, she can't believe her luck. Staying with her ancestors in a enormous mansion and going by the name Patience, Cat is enjoying her time there.  But after a while she begins to wonder if she's stuck 1505 forever.

 I really enjoyed this story, I love time travel stories and reading of the differences from other eras. This book is a light and fresh, easy read, which i zipped right through. I liked Cat, she seems like a nice down to earth girl, even though her parents were both rich and famous. She obviously had a few mommy issues that could be the cause of why she is a bit of a loner and doesn't try very hard to connect with other people.

 I liked the idea of Cat being sent back to learn a lesson about herself.  What she did while she was there was make friends and discover love. Her cousins didn't judge her on the fame of her parents so she really opened up to Alessandra and finally experienced what a real friend was. Alessandra was great! I loved her prim and proper ways and how some of the things Cat did was so shocking to her. Of course I loved the smooth as silk, Lorenzo.

 The only thing that I  found unbelievable (besides the time travel and Gypsies) is that what parents in their right minds would agree in letting their 16 year old daughter go off by herself to walk the streets of Florence? Have they not seen Taken! My daughter would've gotten a response like "Are you crazy? No way!" Lol, just saying.

 So with all that said I give this story a 4 out of 5 stars.
✯ ✯ ✯ ✯
Would I read it again? Yes

Buy it here

Chapters/Indigo |  Amazon

Places you can find the author:
Links

Website  | Twitter | Facebook  | Goodreads


2 comments:

  1. Haha this book looks like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a really fun read Martha. Something light and fresh, I can't wait for A Tale of Two Centuries.

    ReplyDelete