-->

Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday, #7 - Authors who deserve more recognition



Top Ten Tuesday is hosted over at  The Broke and the Bookish, and for this weeks TTT these are the top ten authors that I feel deserve more recognition.


In alphabetical order


Jennifer L. Armentrout

Lux by Jennifer L. Armentrout

I love her books and she has many out that are currently published like the Lux and Covenant series. So how is it that I only first heard of her last year?



Aimee Carter

Goddess Test by Aimee Carter

I adored the Goddess Test series and find it a shame that a lot of people I talk to have never heard of her.




Joelle Charbonneau

Computer Hope

The Testing was an action packed easy read book because of this I foresee great things for this authors future.




James Dashner

Maze Runner by James Dashner

I have heard that there is going to be a Maze Runner movie and I am so excited about this! But why is it that I'm getting "I still haven't read those books yet" from people? Come on people, his writing is terrific.



C. J Hill

Computer Hope

Here is an author that has books published by another pen name and I still never heard of her until a few months ago when I noticed a review on another bloggers blog.




Marrisa Meyer

Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer

This author has captivated me with her awesome sci fi and fairytale retelling stories. Everyone should know the name Marrisa Meyer.



Beth Revis

Across the Universe by Beth Revis

Beth Revis' writing kept me totally enthralled and on the edge of my seat the whole time.




Maria v Snyder

Glass by Maria V. Snyder

I'm I big fan of this authors under hyped Outside In series. Every sci fi fan should read this stellar YA series.


Katie Hamstead

Computer Hope

I only very recently discovered this author. She has a wonderful talent of making historical fiction extremely fun to read.



Annie Walls

The Famished Trilogy

If you like post apocalyptic, zombies and a little bit of romance, this is an author you should be reading.


What's your TTT? Share your link with me :-). And as always, thanks so much for reading.





22 comments:

  1. I've been meaning to read a book by almost every author you listed here. I actually have Cinder waiting for me at the library right now. I'm excited to dig into that one since so many people seem to love it. Yay!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope that you enjoy them all Lisa :-) thx for stopping NY and leaving a comment.

      Delete
  2. Great list! I want to read The Goddess Test.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The goddess test was a for sure fun read :-)
      Thanks for stopping by Chrissi

      Delete
  3. I loooove Maria's Inside Out series! It's what first introduced me to her work. Totally agree with that, and also Marissa Meyer! She's so lovely, and her books are fabulous.

    Books of Amber

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't talked with my people that like Maria v Snyder for the Inside out series, its normally the study series thats being talked about. I liked Outside In / Inside Out a lot better and I thought the titles were perfect. Thanks for stopping by Amber :-)

      Delete
  4. Loved the Maze Runner! Read the book before you see the movie. Thanks so ,much for your comment :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I still can't believe I left Maria V. Snyder off my list. I love her books - especially the Study series and the Healer series. SO good. And a big yes to Beth Revis - Across the Universe was AMAZING.

    TTT @ Krista's Dust Jacket

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it when people enjoy the same authors that I do :-) thanks for commenting and leaving your link

      Delete
  6. I love the little boxes you have next to the authors! I agree with many of your choices - funny how I wouldn't have heard of any of these authors if not for the Internet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's way I'm so happy about becoming part of the blogging community, I've discovered so many awesome books. Thanks for commenting on the banners :D I try hard to make my posts look pretty. If you click on the banner it will take you to the website I got them from, then you could have them too.

      Delete
  7. Beth Revis! Yes! I really enjoyed Across the Universe, and its cover is so gorgeous! <3
    And lots of friends have recommended Cinder by Marissa Meyer, I think I'll get my hands on it soon after my currently only-want-to-read-summery-book syndrome is over :p

    Tirta @ I Prefer Reading

    ReplyDelete
  8. Im also going through a genre faze right now. I'm reading a lot of sci fi dystopian stories. Thanks for sharing your link.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've heard of some of these authors, others are completely new to me. Love Maria V. Snyder! I need to read more of her books! I'll definitely be checking out a few of these other authors in the future.
    Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment :D

      Delete
  10. Great top ten! Love James Dashner's books, he's very talented:)

    My TTT:
    http://evelinesbooks.blogspot.nl/2013/07/top-ten-tuesday-7.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its nice to see someone else that loves his books Eveline, thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  11. I had such a hard time with this topic. I couldn't decide who hadn't received enough recognition. But I love JLA and Marissa Meyer so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know of few of these authors are pretty well known right now but I thought they are so talented that they deserved more recognition. Thanks for your comment :-)

      Delete
  12. I love Beth Revis and Marissa Meyer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am such a big fan, I need more of their books to hurry up and be published lol. Thanks so much for stopping by.

      Delete
  13. Sweet list! A few of these authors have their book(s) on my to-read list. Thanks for stopping by my Top Ten.

    ReplyDelete